You may not know the name Ingrid Grimes-Miles, but you know her work: She's Michelle Obama's full-time makeup artist. As part of MObama's treasured inner circle and traveling entourage, she keeps Michelle's look happily maintained at every public outing. But there is one thing that Grimes-Miles is most famous for — revamping the First Lady's eyebrows from pointed-down and angry-looking to softer, rounder lines, a transformation that took place during the campaign season. So when the makeup artist was honored as a presenter at the Cosmetic Executive Women Annual Beauty Awards celebration recently, we finally had a chance to see the behind-the-scenes expert come into the spotlight. And what do you notice about the two ladies? Their makeup is almost identical, and the shape of Grimes-Miles's brow line — the most famous part of Michelle Obama's look — is exactly the same. Now, this is why makeup artists are called artists, because they can paint faces to make them look exactly how they want. See below for the zoomed-in shot.
Meet WWLTD: The ‘Opening Ceremony of Mexico’
Weekend Must: Visit Dover Street Market New York
Virgil Abloh Is Inspired by Martha Stewart
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 4 Days to Go!
- The Best Stuff on the Cut This Week
- Male Gaze: The Irresistible Idris Elba
- Meet WWLTD: The ‘Opening Ceremony of Mexico’
- Weekend Must: Visit Dover Street Market New York
- Virgil Abloh Is Inspired by Martha Stewart
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 5 Days to Go!
- Why Spike Jonze’s Her Has High-Waisted Pants
- Poet Starlets Fear Nothing, Not Even Lady Parts
- Now You Can Wear Kitty-Cat Flats On Your Nails
- 2013: The Year in Butts
- Well, This Proposal Video Is a Blatant Ad
- Rich Couples Choose to Use the Bathroom Together
- The Cut’s Fashion Secret Santa: Susie Lau
- 10 Dazzling, Wearable Shoes for New Year’s Eve