Before we saw her naked in the May issue of Allure, we only knew Padma Lakshmi as the Top Chef host and hot ex-girlfriend of Salman Rushdie. So we're not quite sure how that led up to jewelry designing. But considering that every quasi celeb has some sort of line these days, from leggings to vegan shoes to perfume, it's not that surprising that Padma would want in. The PADMA fine jewelry collection is a pedestrian mix of gold, diamonds, and colored gemstones, with a heavy Indian influence (shocker!). Think of it as a more expensive version of Me&Ro, with a little bit of Satya thrown in for good measure. Not mind-blowing, considering the price tag, but not hideous, either. Prices range from $300 to $7,000, with most items topping out at $6,000. Of course, our South Asian friends at the Cut have similar stuff at home, procured for less. So do with that what you will. The earrings, necklaces, and bracelets hit Bergdorf Goodman today, but here's a peek — you decide for yourself whether it's worth the trip to midtown.
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
Cannes Day 3: Cotillard, Kroes, and a Box Dress
Male Gaze: We All Pine for Chris Pine
Zhang Ziyi’s Very Versatile Pixie Cut at Cannes
- Negative Space: 11 White Dresses With Cutouts
- Cannes Day 3: Cotillard, Kroes, and a Box Dress
- Male Gaze: We All Pine for Chris Pine
- Galliano’s Latest Comeback Move: A TV Interview?
- Report: Aslaug Magnúsdóttir Out at Moda Operandi
- See J.Crew’s CFDA/Vogue Fashion Fund Collection
- Cannes: Mara, Kidman, and a Wet Red Carpet
- Zhang Ziyi’s Very Versatile Pixie Cut at Cannes
- Made in America: 18 National Treasures to Try
- Beyoncé Really Is Pregnant, Says E!
- Fake the Bake With Twelve New Self-Tanners
- Rooney Mara Finally Lands Major Fashion Contract
- Michelle Obama Has Retired Her Bangs
- Gaultier Explains the Eurovision Song Contest
- Planned Parenthood Defunder Running for Senate