Before we saw her naked in the May issue of Allure, we only knew Padma Lakshmi as the Top Chef host and hot ex-girlfriend of Salman Rushdie. So we're not quite sure how that led up to jewelry designing. But considering that every quasi celeb has some sort of line these days, from leggings to vegan shoes to perfume, it's not that surprising that Padma would want in. The PADMA fine jewelry collection is a pedestrian mix of gold, diamonds, and colored gemstones, with a heavy Indian influence (shocker!). Think of it as a more expensive version of Me&Ro, with a little bit of Satya thrown in for good measure. Not mind-blowing, considering the price tag, but not hideous, either. Prices range from $300 to $7,000, with most items topping out at $6,000. Of course, our South Asian friends at the Cut have similar stuff at home, procured for less. So do with that what you will. The earrings, necklaces, and bracelets hit Bergdorf Goodman today, but here's a peek — you decide for yourself whether it's worth the trip to midtown.
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
Famous Person Dares to Wear Dress More Than Once
Shailene Woodley’s Beauty Mantra: ‘You Do You’
A First Glimpse of Beyoncé and Jay’s Vegan Life
- Happy Birthday, Jeff Bridges!
- Famous Person Dares to Wear Dress More Than Once
- WSJ Columnist: Time Warner Is a ‘Little Girl’
- Watch Lily McMenamy Do Crazy-Ass Yoga in Céline
- Katy Perry Says Volunteer for the Insta-Pix
- Shailene Woodley’s Beauty Mantra: ‘You Do You’
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 21 Days to Go!
- A First Glimpse of Beyoncé and Jay’s Vegan Life
- Party Pics: The First Wave From Art Basel Miami
- Gumbel Makes Barneys Race Joke to Barneys CEO
- Tyra Banks Is 40!
- Kimye Plans Super-Subtle Wedding at Versailles
- Liv Tyler Reminds Us to Say Please and Thank You
- Used Princess Di Clothes Sell for $140,000
- ‘Kamikaze Sperm’: Fighting Off Rivals?