Budding Belgian fashion-design star Veronique Branquinho will close her eleven-year-old label after a steep decline in orders for fall and numerous canceled orders and nonpayments for the spring collection. The label had about 50 wholesale clients and one stand-alone store in Antwerp, where merchandise should go on clearance pretty soon. Branquinho herself has another gig, as the new artistic director of Belgian leather-goods brand Delvaux. But this is sad news — and just a day after Christian Lacroix effectively filed for bankruptcy. Who will the economy claim next?
Male Gaze: The Naked Warwick Rowers Are Baaack
See: A Harper’s Cover Shot by Erik Madigan Heck
Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- 12 Fisherman Sweaters for Winter
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 17 Days to Go!
- Rebecca Black Finally Made It to ‘Saturday’
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 18 Days to Go!
- The Best of the Cut This Week
- Male Gaze: The Naked Warwick Rowers Are Baaack
- The 11 Best Pre-Fall 2014 Looks (So Far)
- See: A Harper’s Cover Shot by Erik Madigan Heck
- Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- Decoding the Campy, Disheveled Girls Poster
- Burn After Reading: 2013 Holiday Candle Guide
- Time Editor Is a One-Woman Paycheck Fairness Act
- Facebook Could Add a ‘Sympathize’ Button
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 19 Days to Go!
- Decoding Drew’s Nails to Learn About Her Womb