Just as the iconic DKNY wall at Houston and Broadway disappeared under a coat of paint, a new Calvin Klein ad — and a new tempest in a teapot — spread its sexy, sexy wings across the street on the brand's usual billboard spot on the corner of Lafayette. One can normally spot a PTA protest waiting to happen in the CK space (stuffed men's underwear, writhing bodies, etc.), but, as the Daily News reports, the implied hot three-way action currently depicted is too much for the baby-toting Puritans who frequent the thoroughfare. "It's borderline pornographic," says Lisa Marchese, a marketing specialist. "And to portray them in a threesome — it's just taking it too far." Obviously, someone missed the "Sex Sells" lecture in Marketing 101. In any case, this is not the first round of shock and awe directed at the Steven Meisel–shot campaign (the ad has already been banned on television), and remember, Calvin Klein was the American Apparel of the nineties (ad-wise). But even we must admit, we'd hate to have to explain this one to our mom. Oh, and Daily News, there's no such thing as a "foursome" — anything over three and it's called an "orgy."
Rosario Dawson Loves Flashing Her Thighs
The College Magazine the Fashion World Respects
When Does PDA Mean a Couple Is Back Together?
- Rosario Dawson Loves Flashing Her Thighs
- Cannes Day 9: Princess Charlene and Heidi Klum
- The College Magazine the Fashion World Respects
- U.N. Pressures Prada to Stop Discrimination
- McCartney’s Asia Tour Culminates With Kate Moss
- Every Outfit Olivia Has Worn on Scandal Season 2
- When Does PDA Mean a Couple Is Back Together?
- Too Much or Too Little: DSM-V’s Gray Area on Sex
- Balenciaga’s New Bag: A Versatile Summer Option
- Issa’s Designer, Daniella Helayel, Quits Label
- Pussy Riot’s Maria Alyokhina Denied Parole
- GIF Lesson: How to Give Thin Hair Extra Volume
- The 45 Most Gorgeous, Famous Gems of All Time
- Barack Obama Prom Pictures
- Watch: Supercut of Pop Culture’s Best Promzillas