Esteban Cortazar was thought to have parted ways with Emanuel Ungaro, where he's been head designer since December 2007. Rumors surfaced a few weeks ago of tensions between Cortazar and management over marketing strategy. Label executives supposedly wanted a celebrity to front the brand (Lindsay Lohan was among those considered), and Cortazar did not. Cortazar reportedly then sued the label, which was expected to settle. It seems an ugly divorce has been avoided. Cortazar attended the Ungaro menswear show in Paris to support designer Franck Boclet. At the show, he also appeared chummy — if only for the onlooking media's sake — with Ungaro CEO Mounir Moufarrige. Cortazar told WWD, "For now I am here." For now. Might that mean one wrong step by Moufarrige and he could flee to a land where celebrities who make scary leggings can't invade his office? Cortazar added he's also working on a pre-collection for the house. So hopefully the women's spring show will go on drama free.
Eyelid Art Is the New Nail Art
Lab Rat: Are Honey Masks Terrible and Sticky?
The Cut’s Fashion Secret Santa: Simon Doonan
- Eyelid Art Is the New Nail Art
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 16 Days to Go!
- Michelle Obama Got a Farrah Fawcett Blowout
- Why We Can't Let Men Off the Hook on Housework
- Lab Rat: Are Honey Masks Terrible and Sticky?
- Nicki Minaj Got a Boob Cake for Her Birthday
- The Cut’s Fashion Secret Santa: Simon Doonan
- Obstinate Seal Traps Newlyweds on Remote Island
- Amy Adams Didn’t Do Boob Tape in American Hustle
- Joanna Coles Lets Her 36-Year-Old Assistant Blog
- Beyoncé Wears Cow Print, Displays Sense of Humor
- Best Bet: Property Metallic Sack
- Selfie Yearbook 2013: Celebrity Superlatives
- 70 Fancy Gifts to Pine for This Holiday Season
- Short Men Are Out of Luck 99 Percent of the Time