Angelina Jolie graces the July newsstand cover of Harper's Bazaar, even though the actress wouldn't sit for a photo shoot or speak to the magazine for the accompanying article. The cover was likely the magazine's response to dwindling newsstand sales, which have dipped 15 percent this year, through April. A Bazaar spokeswoman said, "Clearly, we are in an Angelina moment right now, and in a recent online poll, our readers reinforced that, overwhelmingly choosing Angelina as the woman they admired most for having it all." The July issue sent to subscribers features model Doutzen Kroes on the cover, shot by Terry Richardson. (Bazaar has been doing different covers for subscribers since 2001, but usually those covers are of the same person and from the same shoot.) Many are saying the Angelina cover reduces Bazaar, which often has pretty good fashion spreads, to a tabloid.
Lab Rat: Are Honey Masks Terrible and Sticky?
The Cut’s Fashion Secret Santa: Simon Doonan
Amy Adams Didn’t Do Boob Tape in American Hustle
- Michelle Obama Got a Farrah Fawcett Blowout
- Why We Can't Let Men Off the Hook on Housework
- Lab Rat: Are Honey Masks Terrible and Sticky?
- Nicki Minaj Got a Boob Cake for Her Birthday
- The Cut’s Fashion Secret Santa: Simon Doonan
- Obstinate Seal Traps Newlyweds on Remote Island
- Amy Adams Didn’t Do Boob Tape in American Hustle
- Joanna Coles Lets Her 36-Year-Old Assistant Blog
- Beyoncé Wears Cow Print, Displays Sense of Humor
- Best Bet: Property Metallic Sack
- Selfie Yearbook 2013: Celebrity Superlatives
- 70 Fancy Gifts to Pine for This Holiday Season
- Short Men Are Out of Luck 99 Percent of the Time
- Lindsay Lohan Implicated in Hilton Bro Beating
- Victoria Beckham Hated Her Girl-Power Prison