Some models take a while to catch a break. But for 16-year-old Hanna Rundlof, it happened almost overnight. After signing with Women last year, the Swedish model debuted at the Alexander McQueen menswear show in June 2008, and only a few months later booked an exclusive with Jil Sander for the spring 2009 runway in September. Those two gigs served as a launching pad for the five-foot-nine beauty. With her exclusive over, she was ripe for the fall season, where she hit the runways in full force: Calvin Klein, Karl Lagerfeld, Maison Martin Margiela, Miu Miu, Louis Vuitton, and Nina Ricci. She also opened Jill Stuart, Armand Basi, Barbara Bui, and Dries Van Noten, and closed Lacoste, Les Copains, and Costume National. Now that's what you call a breakthrough. And with just a few editorials under her belt — Rodeo's April issue and the latest 125 magazine — this girl is just getting started. Currently, she is rumored to be in the upcoming pages of Vogue. But until that happens, you can catch her on the resort runways of Oscar de la Renta, Prada, and Chanel.
Are You the Marrying Type?
Shoe Gaze: Maiyet’s Black Embroidered Wedges
Welcome to the Dictionary, C-nty!
The 50 Best Backs From Fashion Month
Vanessa Friedman Will Not Be Cathy Horyn
Obama and His Dad Jeans Through the Years
Terry Richardson Speaks Amid ‘Witch Hunt’
Best Bet: Eve Lom Dynaspot Treatment
- The Cut’s Week in Review
- Male Gaze: James Deen, ‘Bronut’ Pioneer
- Are You the Marrying Type?
- Hair-Swap: Justin Bieber and Selena Gomez
- Karl Lagerfeld Released an Emoji App
- 24 Vintage Ladies Celebrating St. Paddy’s Day
- Shoe Gaze: Maiyet’s Black Embroidered Wedges
- Twitter, Rape, and Privacy on Social Media
- Welcome to the Dictionary, C-nty!
- The 50 Best Backs From Fashion Month
- Vanessa Friedman Will Not Be Cathy Horyn
- Obama and His Dad Jeans Through the Years
- Kate Moss’s Little Sister, Regular Aughties Teen
- Terry Richardson Speaks Amid ‘Witch Hunt’
- Scarlett Johansson Wore a Bow on Her Stomach