On Saturday night, President Obama took First Lady Michelle Obama to New York for dinner at Blue Hill in the Village and then to see the Broadway play "Joe Turner's Come and Gone." And MObama wore clothes! Specifically, a black square-neck dress with what appears to be some sort of tiered fringe or mini–pom-pom detailing on the skirt portion. It's difficult to discern, since the dress is black (as if she can wear any other color here), but it's something different. She paired it with the same sapphire-blue clutch and kitten-heeled sandals she wore previously on a date with the POTUS in Washington, D.C. She also wore her hair up. Barack, meanwhile, wore pants that would have benefited from a bit of tailoring, and no tie. We'll forgive him the sail pants — this time. See the full looks in the Michelle Obama Look Book. Also, see the bright-yellow cardigan and floral shirt MObama wore on Friday to garden with elementary-school students. [AFP]
Are You the Marrying Type?
Shoe Gaze: Maiyet’s Black Embroidered Wedges
Welcome to the Dictionary, C-nty!
The 50 Best Backs From Fashion Month
Vanessa Friedman Will Not Be Cathy Horyn
Obama and His Dad Jeans Through the Years
Terry Richardson Speaks Amid ‘Witch Hunt’
Best Bet: Eve Lom Dynaspot Treatment
- Male Gaze: James Deen, ‘Bronut’ Pioneer
- Are You the Marrying Type?
- Hair-Swap: Justin Bieber and Selena Gomez
- Karl Lagerfeld Released an Emoji App
- 24 Vintage Ladies Celebrating St. Paddy’s Day
- Shoe Gaze: Maiyet’s Black Embroidered Wedges
- Twitter, Rape, and Privacy on Social Media
- Welcome to the Dictionary, C-nty!
- The 50 Best Backs From Fashion Month
- Vanessa Friedman Will Not Be Cathy Horyn
- Obama and His Dad Jeans Through the Years
- Kate Moss’s Little Sister, Regular Aughties Teen
- Terry Richardson Speaks Amid ‘Witch Hunt’
- Scarlett Johansson Wore a Bow on Her Stomach
- Best of the Style Blogs: Black-and-White Prints