Michael Jackson was more than the greatest musical legend of any recent generation; he was a fashion icon. He became known by one single accessory: the glove. And back in the day, that infamous red jacket was worn by many an older brother during their break-dancing phases. (And, if memories serve us, by Theodore Huxtable on The Cosby Show.) In later years, the military jackets and face masks would become his staples. Recently, Jackson became noted by the fashionable powers that be for his love of Balmain; the embellished jackets and grand price tags were just up his alley. He also signed on to do a fashion line with Christian Audigier, something that never came to fruition. So, as we mourn the loss of the King of Pop, let us look back at the King of Style.
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
Male Gaze: The Naked Warwick Rowers Are Baaack
See: A Harper’s Cover Shot by Erik Madigan Heck
Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 17 Days to Go!
- Rebecca Black Finally Made It to ‘Saturday’
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 18 Days to Go!
- The Best of the Cut This Week
- Male Gaze: The Naked Warwick Rowers Are Baaack
- The 11 Best Pre-Fall 2014 Looks (So Far)
- See: A Harper’s Cover Shot by Erik Madigan Heck
- Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- Decoding the Campy, Disheveled Girls Poster
- Burn After Reading: 2013 Holiday Candle Guide
- Time Editor Is a One-Woman Paycheck Fairness Act
- Facebook Could Add a ‘Sympathize’ Button
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 19 Days to Go!
- Decoding Drew’s Nails to Learn About Her Womb
- Messy-Haired Sky Ferreira: New Face of Redken