The latest photo in the Carla Bruni nude series was auctioned in Berlin today. An anonymous bidder paid $19,600 for it! The auction house appraised the picture — one of ten prints — at $3,568–$4,997. However, the photography expert at the auction house would probably argue that this person is out of their damn mind for paying almost $20,000 for the photo. "I really don't know why there is such a hype," Schmidt said. "For us it is not the highlight." It might be that she is the First Lady of France and lying naked on a bed. Though this photo impressively fetched roughly four times the asking price, it comes nowhere close to beating the nude photo of Carla that Christie's auctioned last year for $91,000 — 30 times the asking price. We bet that guy feels like a chump. Click on to see the $20,000 picture.
Kim Kardashian Insta-Idolizes Elizabeth Taylor
The Hair Stories Behind American Hustle
Sarah Jessica Parker Longs to Take the Bus
- Sheryl Sandberg’s Favorite Shampoo Commercial
- Kate Winslet Just Had a Baby Boy
- Kim Kardashian Insta-Idolizes Elizabeth Taylor
- Taylor Swift Uses Her Phone to Put on Makeup
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 15 Days to Go!
- The Hair Stories Behind American Hustle
- New York Winter Weddings Issue Is Live!
- Wish List: 3.1 Phillip Lim’s Quinn Loafer
- Daniel Radcliffe Has a Greasy New Bob
- Qantas Staff Doesn’t Want to Look Like Kerr
- Pre-Fall’s Best: Jason Wu, Rag & Bone, and More
- Sarah Jessica Parker Longs to Take the Bus
- Rodarte Sent Rihanna Boob Tassels for Christmas
- Should Women in Their Forties Model Underwear?
- 7 Things Lady Gaga’s Dreads Actually Look Like