Sasha Pivovarova is putting her artistic abilities to good use. The model was asked by none other than Karl Lagerfeld to create an illustration for the Chanel show that was restaged in Moscow recently. Pivovarova delivered a drawing inspired by "seeing fairytale characters coming to life in one of the main theatres of Moscow, the city where I was born." Her Russian characters are apparently big fans of the label: One woman she painted wears interlocking C's on her lapel and hat, while another is in a little black dress. And this isn't a one-time deal. Lagerfeld has enlisted the beauty to work on a book of illustrations inspired by Russian fairy tales. [Chanel News via Fashionologie]
Male Gaze: The Naked Warwick Rowers Are Baaack
See: A Harper’s Cover Shot by Erik Madigan Heck
Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 17 Days to Go!
- Rebecca Black Finally Made It to ‘Saturday’
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 18 Days to Go!
- The Best of the Cut This Week
- Male Gaze: The Naked Warwick Rowers Are Baaack
- The 11 Best Pre-Fall 2014 Looks (So Far)
- See: A Harper’s Cover Shot by Erik Madigan Heck
- Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- Decoding the Campy, Disheveled Girls Poster
- Burn After Reading: 2013 Holiday Candle Guide
- Time Editor Is a One-Woman Paycheck Fairness Act
- Facebook Could Add a ‘Sympathize’ Button
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 19 Days to Go!
- Decoding Drew’s Nails to Learn About Her Womb
- Messy-Haired Sky Ferreira: New Face of Redken