Next month, Tabitha Simmons's new shoe line will land exclusively at Bergdorf Goodman. Simmons, a former model and wife of photographer Craig McDean, has worked as a stylist for years, collaborating on shoots for Vogue and Another Magazine and for collections such as Givenchy, Fendi, Calvin Klein, and Alexander McQueen. Her new footwear line features a range of looks, from fringe ankle boots to strappy stiletto sandals. There's also a pair of the season's requisite style: the thigh-high boot (this one comes in black leather and suede with sexy lacing up the back). The shoes are mostly done in dark, fall shades like black, chocolate brown, and smoky gray, but there are rich, bright hues like canary yellow and blood red mixed in to spice it up. For comfort purposes, Simmons has added a hidden platform to many of the higher-heeled pairs and several styles have thin layers of gum sole lining the bottoms for traction. The line, which is made in Italy by master cobblers, is indeed elegant and well crafted, but the prices are very steep, with pairs retailing for $795 to $2,200. The collection arrives exclusively at Bergdorf in New York, Ikram in Chicago, and Maxfield in Los Angeles in July, though no exact date is specified yet.
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
Should Women in Their Forties Model Underwear?
7 Things Lady Gaga’s Dreads Actually Look Like
Retail Task Force Tries to Fix Racial Profiling
- Rodarte Sent Rihanna Boob Tassles for Christmas
- Should Women in Their Forties Model Underwear?
- 7 Things Lady Gaga’s Dreads Actually Look Like
- Retail Task Force Tries to Fix Racial Profiling
- Putin to Free Pussy Riot, Maybe
- Paparazzi Spoils Emma Stone’s Good Times in L.A.
- The Cut’s Fashion Secret Santa: Leandra Medine
- Dior Shoes Soon to Be Even More Covetable
- Britney Spears: In Bed At 9:30 to Avoid Trouble
- Jennifer Aniston Says She Was Awkward in Her 30s
- Why Adult Women Squeal Like Teen Girls Sometimes
- Amy Poehler Ponders Millennial Gender Fluidity
- Sad, ‘Fat-Shaming’ Lululemon Founder Steps Down
- The Beckham ‘Wedding Crown’ Failed to Sell
- Spring in Reverse: Backs Take Center Stage