Whitney Port's City sidekick, Erin Lucas, announced last week she won't be part of the second season of the reality series. "I decided to do something different," she told us this week at the launch party for Alizé's online reality series, Concrete and Cashmere (on which Lucas is a guest judge). "I have a project in the mix, but I want to get into more hosting. That's really what I love." She also admitted she hasn't spoken to Port in months, though she claims there's no hard feelings and she'd give Port a big hug if she ever saw her again. "We were [close], but things change," she said. "There was a falling out" — reality-TV gold. However, we spotted The City crew filming at a Gen-Art benefit two weeks ago, which Erin attended along with Whitney. And you know what? There was no hugging. "I wasn't filming [that night], I was just there," Lucas tried to explain. She said running into the old camera crews and co-stars was awkward. "But Sammy's still one of my best friends." So why'd she give it up? "It was just hard," she said. "It was a chapter in my life and it was nothing but positive. I'm glad I did it, but on to the next thing. I'm kind of a gypsy. I released a statement a couple of days ago, but this is the first interview with people asking me about it, so I don't know what to say." Life is hard when no one gives you a script.
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
Kate Middleton Debuts Sad, Droopy Ponytail
Meet Rouge New York, the Blowout Bar of Makeup
Wish List: Nicholas Kirkwood’s Bondage Heels
- Glenn O’Brien Is Now a Priest Named Father G.
- Kate Middleton Debuts Sad, Droopy Ponytail
- John Boehner Teaching GOP How to Talk to Chicks
- Meet Rouge New York, the Blowout Bar of Makeup
- Cities Ranked by Fake Instagram Happiness
- See Sexy Seventies Glamour From American Hustle
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 20 Days to Go!
- An Homage to the Lovely, Feisty Barbara Stanwyck
- Wish List: Nicholas Kirkwood’s Bondage Heels
- Kids Struggle With Platonic Friendship, Too
- Victorian Moms Creepin’ in Photo Portraits
- 16 Pretty Finds in Pantone's Radiant Orchid
- Happy Birthday, Joan Didion!
- Will Nixing ‘Fashion Bloggers’ Fix Fashion Week?
- Date Miley Cyrus by Dressing Exactly Like Her