Secretary of State Hillary Clinton visited Bangkok this week. While she was fighting for stronger democracies, her staff went jewelry shopping. On Tuesday they visited Venus Jewelers, which is a five-minute walk from the American Embassy. They bought things like black-star sapphire-and-diamond gold pendant earrings for $650, a gold elephant pendant, a white-pearl ring, green-jade earrings, and gold earrings. In total, the ten staffers spent almost $4,000 in one hour. A Venus spokesperson said, “We didn’t expect them to spend much money because of the state of the economy." [WWD]
Kim Kardashian Insta-Idolizes Elizabeth Taylor
The Hair Stories Behind American Hustle
Sarah Jessica Parker Longs to Take the Bus
- Sheryl Sandberg’s Favorite Shampoo Commercial
- Kate Winslet Just Had a Baby Boy
- Kim Kardashian Insta-Idolizes Elizabeth Taylor
- Taylor Swift Uses Her Phone to Put on Makeup
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 15 Days to Go!
- The Hair Stories Behind American Hustle
- New York Winter Weddings Issue Is Live!
- Wish List: 3.1 Phillip Lim’s Quinn Loafer
- Daniel Radcliffe Has a Greasy New Bob
- Qantas Staff Doesn’t Want to Look Like Kerr
- Pre-Fall’s Best: Jason Wu, Rag & Bone, and More
- Sarah Jessica Parker Longs to Take the Bus
- Rodarte Sent Rihanna Boob Tassels for Christmas
- Should Women in Their Forties Model Underwear?
- 7 Things Lady Gaga’s Dreads Actually Look Like