Husband-and-wife team Gautier Pellegrin and Lindsay Jones founded Outlaws of the Border just a season ago (their first-ever collection debuted in spring 2009), and already the response has been tremendous. On top of a WWD cover, rack space in a slew of stores (Eva, Collective Hardware, In God We Trust, to name a few), and a feature on FadMashion.com, the duo has a notable fan in their corner: Heidi Klum. The label, named for a book about Jesse James, is heavy on draped, romantic looks and dark fabrics. “I have always been drawn to Romantic imagery and beautiful objects,” Lindsay explains. “The fall collection is set to an overall moonlit theme so that the collection appears to be silhouettes under moonlight.” And if the line sounds a bit too Edgar Allan Poe for your liking, the tailoring should win you over. The pieces are simple, elegant, and well constructed — even when trendy (like harem pants). “The goal is lasting pieces with elegant silhouettes.” Check out some of our favorite pieces from the fall collection.
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
Cannes Day 3: Cotillard, Kroes, and a Box Dress
Male Gaze: We All Pine for Chris Pine
Zhang Ziyi’s Very Versatile Pixie Cut at Cannes
- Negative Space: 11 White Dresses With Cutouts
- Cannes Day 3: Cotillard, Kroes, and a Box Dress
- Male Gaze: We All Pine for Chris Pine
- Galliano’s Latest Comeback Move: A TV Interview?
- Report: Aslaug Magnúsdóttir Out at Moda Operandi
- See J.Crew’s CFDA/Vogue Fashion Fund Collection
- Cannes: Mara, Kidman, and a Wet Red Carpet
- Zhang Ziyi’s Very Versatile Pixie Cut at Cannes
- Made in America: 18 National Treasures to Try
- Beyoncé Really Is Pregnant, Says E!
- Fake the Bake With Twelve New Self-Tanners
- Rooney Mara Finally Lands Major Fashion Contract
- Michelle Obama Has Retired Her Bangs
- Gaultier Explains the Eurovision Song Contest
- Planned Parenthood Defunder Running for Senate