• Attend a party at the Gramercy Housing Works outpost to celebrate the thrift shop's collaboration with Paper magazine. Fashion editors at the mag are styling the windows and choosing sale items. 157 E. 23rd St., nr. Lexington Ave.; 69. RSVP here.
• Spring 2009 merchandise is up to 70 percent off at the Billy Reid sale. The Menswear Blazer for women is $285 (originally $475), the Tuscumbia Button Down is $54 (originally $155), and samples for men and women are $20 to $100. Bourbon and Southern fried chicken will be served. Through 7/26. 54 Bond St., nr. Bowery (212-598-9355); noon9.
• Dresses are $200 to $450, tops are $100 to $250, pants and skirts are $125 to $300, and gowns are less than $1000 at the Doo.Ri sample sale. Select shoes and knits are under $100. Through 7/24. 39 W. 38th St., nr. Fifth Ave.; ThF (96).
• Take 30 to 60 percent off select Jill Stuart collection items at the annual summer sample sale. Through 8/13. 100 Greene St., nr. Prince St., (212-343-2300); Th (noon7), F (115).
• Straight- and skinny-leg jeans are $80 (originally $180), bootcut styles are $70 to $90, and one-of-a-kind samples are $50 at the James Jeans sample sale. 500 Greenwich St., nr. Spring St., Ste. 202 (212-221-4603); TTh (9:307:30).
Most Viewed Stories
‘Weed Dick’ Is the New Way for Men to Sexually Disappoint You
Portraits of Privilege: A Teen Demands Mac ’n’ Cheese
How to Get Out of Any Party Conversation
The Big Secret of Every Dating App: Tech Doesn’t Matter
Amber Rose, Populist Slut Hero of Our Time
7 Alternatives to Those Sold-Out L.L. Bean Boots
Staving Off Cynicism at Comme des Garçons, McQueen, and Céline
Adriana Lima on Boxing, Brazilian Beauty Secrets
Why Do I Jerk Awake Right As I’m Falling Asleep?
From Our Partners
6 Things I Wish I Had Never Told My Children
6 Reasons It's Good Some People Don't Like You
SELF: The One Thing Pedicurists Want You To Know
Birth Control For Men Is Coming
powered by PubExchange
The Cut’s Latest Shopping Features7 Alternatives to Those Sold-Out L.L. Bean Boots
Don't be one of the 100,000 losers waiting for back orders.Stock Up on These Fall Boots Under $300
Sensible lace-ups, sparkly shoes, and more.Cheap Thrill: Jacquemus’s Tailored T-Shirt
A signature piece from the "It" designer.Outfit of the Week: A Smart Way to Layer Basics
One more way to make weekdays easier.Cool Cocktail Dresses Inspired by the Philippines
From the up-and-comers behind Mestiza.Treat-Yourself Friday: A Utilitarian Leather Jacket
Perfect for the unpredictable weather.38 Pairs of Boots to Buy This Fall
Because pedicure season is finally over.41 Downright-Gorgeous New Pieces for Your Home
From kingly bedding to froggy rugs to Georg Jensen glass.5 Discerning New Yorkers on Their Favorite Finds for the Home
Project Runway’s Tim Gunn, celebrity stylist June Ambrose, and more choose the city’s finest boutiques, furniture restorers, specialty shops, designers, and cleaners.Marni’s Fabulously Shaggy Winter Coats Are Here
Fluffy and fantastic.
Welcome to layering season.Cheap Thrill: COS’s Wide-Leg Pants
A versatile transition piece.Outfit of the Week: Light Fall Layers
No jacket needed.37 Great Basics for Updating Your Wardrobe This Fall
The best work-friendly pieces, the perfect trench, and everything else you need right now.Treat Yourself Friday: A Quirky Bucket Bag
A playful take on the trend.Balenciaga’s New Shoes Are a ’90s Dream
Angela Chase would approve.Altuzarra’s First Bags Debut at Barneys New York
Introducing the Ghianda collection.115 Ways to Scream ‘Status’
The thing to have right now if you’re an Italian chef, an Upper East Side lady, a leather daddy, or a Dalton senior. (We know because we asked.)Cheap Thrill: Kenzo’s Flirty Pleated Skirt
A go-with-everything skirt on sale.Outfit of the Week: A Work-Friendly Combo
The ideal pieces to wear as we head into fall.