Coco Avant Chanel comes out today in the U.K., so they're really amping up the press — in English. The AP interviewed Audrey Tautou, who plays Coco, and Anne Fontaine, the director, about the movie, and made a neat little video spliced with some scenes from the film (which we saw and adored, by the way). Anne says she cast Audrey as Coco because she looks exactly like Coco in her youth. Audrey talks a bit about Coco's character in accented English: "She wanted to be free. And it starts by free herself in the movement — by get rid of the corset and, you know, having the possibility to feel comfortable and have practical clothes, but which highlight woman personality instead of making them only a decoration, object.” God, we love Audrey.
Male Gaze: The Naked Warwick Rowers Are Baaack
See: A Harper’s Cover Shot by Erik Madigan Heck
Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 17 Days to Go!
- Rebecca Black Finally Made It to ‘Saturday’
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 18 Days to Go!
- The Best of the Cut This Week
- Male Gaze: The Naked Warwick Rowers Are Baaack
- The 11 Best Pre-Fall 2014 Looks (So Far)
- See: A Harper’s Cover Shot by Erik Madigan Heck
- Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- Decoding the Campy, Disheveled Girls Poster
- Burn After Reading: 2013 Holiday Candle Guide
- Time Editor Is a One-Woman Paycheck Fairness Act
- Facebook Could Add a ‘Sympathize’ Button
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 19 Days to Go!
- Decoding Drew’s Nails to Learn About Her Womb
- Messy-Haired Sky Ferreira: New Face of Redken