Costume jewelry designer Gerard Yosca has been making great baubles for almost 30 years. Known for his painterly use of color and surprising changes in scale, Gerard’s pieces are at once modern and new, and yet timelessly classic. Here are five reasons we love Gerard.
1. His big bold pieces are conversation starters.
2. They're very well made — old world craftsmanship — with custom pearls and hand cut stones.
3. The prices that are more than fair.
4. Who doesn’t want to emulate Coco Chanel or Diana Vreeland by wearing these Vedura–esque cuffs (but modernized and with a sense of humor)?
5. He’s still under the radar.
Price ranges are from $38 for a single strand to $600 for statement necklaces. The largest selection is currently available at Henri Bendel.