Ikram Goldman, who owns Michelle Obama's favorite boutique, Ikram, in Chicago, and essentially serves as the First Lady's stylist, seldom gives interviews. She's not a see-and-be-seen fashion type — which is a rare thing in this industry — and she doesn't often go to parties or events. But she's currently in town placing orders for pre-collections. She wouldn't reveal what she's thinking of for the First Lady, but she did tell Style.com what she liked. From that we may conclude that we might see Michelle in:
1. Well, pre-collections! Ikram loves them. "I think they have a much longer shelf life," she said.
2. Gaultier, which Ikram indicated she's buying. Hard to imagine, but not everything he does looks like a Madonna stage costume.
3. Moschino, which MObama wears every now and then.
4. Alexander McQueen! "I thought McQueen had beautiful dresses this season," Ikram said.
5. Erickson Beamon jewelry, which she's worn in the past.
6. Jason Wu, obviously. He and Ikram "keep in touch all the time."
7. Thakoon (again, obviously), which Ikram called "probably my favorite collection that I’ve seen so far, in terms of ready-to-wear, for pre-collections."
We are in love with the idea of Michelle in McQueen. Doesn't that fall '09 outfit look so cute Photoshopped onto her?
Checking In With Ikram Goldman, Michelle Obama’s Go-To Gal [Style File/Style.com]