Exciting new developments on the Fashion's Night Out front: Brooklyn mini-chain Bird is teaming up with Lisa Mayock and Sophie Buhai of Vena Cava to host a block party at the Williamsburg shop. (The savvy co-hosts are uniting four elements that we imagine can only result in a smashing success: specialty cocktails, pizza, disco D.J.'s, and carnival games.) But while we may not be moved to trip over to Brooklyn during Fashion Week for Skee Ball alone, news of Vena Cava's contribution is enough to ensure we'll be hustling to catch the L train. The pair will be creating limited-edition dresses from archival fabrics salvaged from their past ten seasons, priced at $100 a pop. The silhouette will be similar to the current T-shirt style shown at right (which retails for $180 at Bird), but in various throwback fabrics. Block-party revelers will also be entered into a raffle to win a studio tour and free dress from the designers. Who knew carnivals could be so vogue?
Are You the Marrying Type?
Shoe Gaze: Maiyet’s Black Embroidered Wedges
Welcome to the Dictionary, C-nty!
The 50 Best Backs From Fashion Month
Vanessa Friedman Will Not Be Cathy Horyn
Obama and His Dad Jeans Through the Years
Terry Richardson Speaks Amid ‘Witch Hunt’
Best Bet: Eve Lom Dynaspot Treatment
- Male Gaze: James Deen, ‘Bronut’ Pioneer
- Are You the Marrying Type?
- Hair-Swap: Justin Bieber and Selena Gomez
- Karl Lagerfeld Released an Emoji App
- 24 Vintage Ladies Celebrating St. Paddy’s Day
- Shoe Gaze: Maiyet’s Black Embroidered Wedges
- Twitter, Rape, and Privacy on Social Media
- Welcome to the Dictionary, C-nty!
- The 50 Best Backs From Fashion Month
- Vanessa Friedman Will Not Be Cathy Horyn
- Obama and His Dad Jeans Through the Years
- Kate Moss’s Little Sister, Regular Aughties Teen
- Terry Richardson Speaks Amid ‘Witch Hunt’
- Scarlett Johansson Wore a Bow on Her Stomach
- Best of the Style Blogs: Black-and-White Prints