The rumors were true: Jennifer Connelly is the fall 2009 face of Balenciaga. She last appeared in the label's ads for spring of 2008, slouching in an orange armor dress and those infamous knee-high gladiator sandals. Steven Meisel shot the new fall campaign and reactions are mixed. Sassybella calls the photo "awkward." Commenters on the Fashion Spot find it too sexy for Balenciaga. One notes, "She looks like she broke her neck, shoulder and left hand." And another who likes the ad wonders, "Why does she have to spread her legs??" We agree that her pose is awkward. She almost looks like she's waking up on Nicolas Ghesquière's couch after passing out drunk somewhere, and is probably in for a very stiff neck. But though we've never bought any Balenciaga, we imagine people don't choose it for comfort, and Connelly's strange contortions have no effect on our burning desire to own everything she's wearing, down to the spotted tights. What say you?
Cannes Day 3: Cotillard, Kroes, and a Box Dress
Male Gaze: We All Pine for Chris Pine
Zhang Ziyi’s Very Versatile Pixie Cut at Cannes
- Cannes Day 3: Cotillard, Kroes, and a Box Dress
- Male Gaze: We All Pine for Chris Pine
- Galliano’s Latest Comeback Move: A TV Interview?
- Report: Aslaug Magnúsdóttir Out at Moda Operandi
- See J.Crew’s CFDA/Vogue Fashion Fund Collection
- Cannes: Mara, Kidman, and a Wet Red Carpet
- Zhang Ziyi’s Very Versatile Pixie Cut at Cannes
- Made in America: 18 National Treasures to Try
- Beyoncé Really Is Pregnant, Says E!
- Fake the Bake With Twelve New Self-Tanners
- Rooney Mara Finally Lands Major Fashion Contract
- Michelle Obama Has Retired Her Bangs
- Gaultier Explains the Eurovision Song Contest
- Planned Parenthood Defunder Running for Senate
- Kardashian’s Tortured, Swollen Feet: A Lament