One can't go to Martha's Vineyard without packing one or more of the following items: a pastel-pink polo shirt, a navy- or red-and-white-striped boatneck shirt, pleated-front khakis, a straw hat, a head scarf, or something madras. Up until yesterday, Michelle Obama had been seen in none of those things. But then she emerged with a bicycle wearing madras shorts. After she dared to wear mid-thigh-length shorts to the Grand Canyon, she chose a modest length for her great madras unveiling; they extended to a couple of inches above the knee. However, she paired the shorts with a scoop-neck orange tank top, which is likely to send at least a handful of people stuffed into suits in Washington into conniptions. That aside, she seems to have finally fully succumbed to the Vineyard's preppiness. See the full madras look in the Michelle Obama Look Book. Popped-collar watch starts now.
Kate Middleton Debuts Sad, Droopy Ponytail
Meet Rouge New York, the Blowout Bar of Makeup
Wish List: Nicholas Kirkwood’s Bondage Heels
- Glenn O’Brien Is Now a Priest Named Father G.
- Kate Middleton Debuts Sad, Droopy Ponytail
- John Boehner Teaching GOP How to Talk to Chicks
- Meet Rouge New York, the Blowout Bar of Makeup
- Cities Ranked by Fake Instagram Happiness
- See Sexy Seventies Glamour From American Hustle
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 20 Days to Go!
- An Homage to the Lovely, Feisty Barbara Stanwyck
- Wish List: Nicholas Kirkwood’s Bondage Heels
- Kids Struggle With Platonic Friendship, Too
- Victorian Moms Creepin’ in Photo Portraits
- 16 Pretty Finds in Pantone's Radiant Orchid
- Happy Birthday, Joan Didion!
- Will Nixing ‘Fashion Bloggers’ Fix Fashion Week?
- Date Miley Cyrus by Dressing Exactly Like Her