On Sunday Michelle Obama visited the Grand Canyon with her family. Nothing could be more wholesome than lacing up the sneakers and slapping on the baseball hat to talk geology with the kids in one of the nation's premier geology destinations on a bright sunny day! Unless you're the First Lady, and you wear shorts that extend more than two inches above your knees, because you're in the Grand Canyon in August and it's effing hot (106 degrees, to be exact) and you don't want to have sweat stains on your khakis or look like an overdressed fool in a dress and mules. And so the Today Show spent five minutes this morning asking if shorts were "appropriate" for the First Lady. You know, we've already seen both of her arms completely bare, so now that we've seen her in these shorts we've practically seen her in a bikini, and Washington people can't possibly live down being seen in swimwear. If Michelle had emerged in a crop top and spandex booty shorts or anything else that suggested she just shopped, oh, Amber Rose's closet, then she'd look inappropriate. Speaking of bathing suits, it's too bad Michelle will never be able to hit the beach wearing one. The news might implode.
Beyoncé Just Dropped an Album With No Warning
SNL Auditioned Black Female Cast Members
How to Wish List Like a Pro: Wanelo Wish Lists
- Beyoncé Just Dropped an Album With No Warning
- SNL Auditioned Black Female Cast Members
- Susan Sarandon Was High at Most Hollywood Events
- How to Wish List Like a Pro: Wanelo Wish Lists
- Givenchy Casts Erykah Badu in Ads, High Five!
- There’s a Six-Hour Line for the Trendiest Selfie
- The Best and Worst of December Fashion Magazines
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 13 Days to Go!
- Meet SAMMA: A Minimal, Pared-Down Jewelry Line
- Help: I’m a People-Pleaser, and I Hate It
- Lorde and Taylor Swift Are Now Bosom Buddies
- See: Flash Mob Ballet at Van Cleef & Arpels
- Adam Levine Brings You Sexiest Health-Care Alive
- How Rich Do These Magazine Editors Think We Are?
- The Year in Street Style: Céline Wins!