• Bensimon is hosting a trunk show at Tani Shoes and debuting twelve limited-edition colors for fall. 131 W. 72nd St., nr. Columbus Ave. (212-595-1338); noon–6.
• Bags for the People will be sewing live at the Union Square Greenmarket. Hop on a machine and sew a market bag. Union Square Park, 17th St., at Broadway; 10–2.
• Christy Turlington and Tory Burch will participate in a three-mile Strides for Life fun run around Lake Agawam in Southampton to benefit the Lung Cancer Research Foundation. The race is open to the public and registration begins at 7 a.m. $40 per adult. The Cultural Center, Pond Ln. and Jobs Ln., Southampton (212-332-4403); 9–10:30.
• Breathe pure oxygen inside the Natura Bisse 02 Bubble at Bergdorf Goodman. Book an hour-long facial inside the life-size bubble to detox your skin. Through 9/1. 754 Fifth Ave., at 57th St., beauty level (212-753-7300); MF (10–8), S (10–7), Su (noon–6).
• Polos, sweaters, shackets (lightweight jackets), belts, raincoats, and more are discounted at Freemans Sporting Club's office moving sale. Cotton polo shirts are $60 (originally $92), shackets in two- and three-button styles are $238 (originally $420), and fine-wale corduroy shorts are $65 (originally $89). Through 9/7. 8 Rivington St., nr. Bowery (212-673-3209); S (11–7), Su (noon–6), M (11–8).
Scope out deals on designer and vintage clothes, shoes, handbags, furniture, and more at Circa Now's sidewalk sale. All prices are less than $60. (The sale will be moved inside if it rains.) Through 8/23. 238 E. 6th St., nr. Second Ave. (212-254-2555); S–Su (noon–7).
• Dresses and separates from past seasons and fall 2009 leather leggings are 60 to 80 percent off at the extended Frank Tell sample sale. 113 W. 27th St., nr. Sixth Ave., third fl. (646-688-4836); W–F (noon–7), S–Su (1–6).
• Dresses are $70, pants and tops are $30, and sweaters are $20 at the Saja sample sale. 250 Elizabeth St., nr. Houston St. (212-226-7570); Th–Su (10–7).
• Become a fan of Henri Bendel's Facebook page or become a follower on Twitter and receive 20 percent off purchases. Offer available by using the in-store Bendel Social computer kiosk or online. 712 Fifth Ave., nr. 56th St. (212-247-1100); M–S (10–8), Su (noon–7).
• Everything in the store is 30 to 50 percent off at La Sirena's end-of-summer sale. Embroidered blouses are $25 (originally $40), dresses are $36 (originally $60), and beach and market bags are $25 (originally $50). 27 E. Third St., nr. Bowery (212-780-9113); Th–M (noon–7).
Most Viewed Stories
‘Weed Dick’ Is the New Way for Men to Sexually Disappoint You
Portraits of Privilege: A Teen Demands Mac ’n’ Cheese
How to Get Out of Any Party Conversation
The Big Secret of Every Dating App: Tech Doesn’t Matter
Amber Rose, Populist Slut Hero of Our Time
7 Alternatives to Those Sold-Out L.L. Bean Boots
Adriana Lima on Boxing, Brazilian Beauty Secrets
Cindy Crawford on Bagels, Instagirls, and Bringing the Supermodel Era to TV
Why Do I Jerk Awake Right As I’m Falling Asleep?
From Our Partners
15 Signs You're With A Good Man
7 Asian Beauty Trends You Need To Try Now
Who What Wear
The Zara Outfit Every Girl In New York City Is Wearing
7 Eyebrow Mistakes You Need to Stop Making Immediately
powered by PubExchange
The Cut’s Latest Shopping Features7 Alternatives to Those Sold-Out L.L. Bean Boots
Don't be one of the 100,000 losers waiting for back orders.Stock Up on These Fall Boots Under $300
Sensible lace-ups, sparkly shoes, and more.Cheap Thrill: Jacquemus’s Tailored T-Shirt
A signature piece from the "It" designer.Outfit of the Week: A Smart Way to Layer Basics
One more way to make weekdays easier.Cool Cocktail Dresses Inspired by the Philippines
From the up-and-comers behind Mestiza.Treat-Yourself Friday: A Utilitarian Leather Jacket
Perfect for the unpredictable weather.38 Pairs of Boots to Buy This Fall
Because pedicure season is finally over.41 Downright-Gorgeous New Pieces for Your Home
From kingly bedding to froggy rugs to Georg Jensen glass.5 Discerning New Yorkers on Their Favorite Finds for the Home
Project Runway’s Tim Gunn, celebrity stylist June Ambrose, and more choose the city’s finest boutiques, furniture restorers, specialty shops, designers, and cleaners.Marni’s Fabulously Shaggy Winter Coats Are Here
Fluffy and fantastic.
Welcome to layering season.Cheap Thrill: COS’s Wide-Leg Pants
A versatile transition piece.Outfit of the Week: Light Fall Layers
No jacket needed.37 Great Basics for Updating Your Wardrobe This Fall
The best work-friendly pieces, the perfect trench, and everything else you need right now.Treat Yourself Friday: A Quirky Bucket Bag
A playful take on the trend.Balenciaga’s New Shoes Are a ’90s Dream
Angela Chase would approve.Altuzarra’s First Bags Debut at Barneys New York
Introducing the Ghianda collection.115 Ways to Scream ‘Status’
The thing to have right now if you’re an Italian chef, an Upper East Side lady, a leather daddy, or a Dalton senior. (We know because we asked.)Cheap Thrill: Kenzo’s Flirty Pleated Skirt
A go-with-everything skirt on sale.Outfit of the Week: A Work-Friendly Combo
The ideal pieces to wear as we head into fall.