Over 60 years ago, in a tiny Paris apartment, Rose Repetto made her first pair of shoes for her son, a dancer. A decade later, when Brigitte Bardot wore them on the big screen, a French classic was born. Since then, the Repetto BB ballet flats have been synonymous with chic, laid-back style (a look those French mademoiselles do so well). The fall collection has us swooning with its range of luxurious fabrics and rich colors. Here are five reasons why we love Repetto.
1. Every gal needs a good-looking shoe that she can walk, run, jump, and dance in.
2. The prices run between $195 and $260 for a pair. Not dirt cheap, but the shoes are well made and last for seasons.
3. The colors — beige patents, deep oranges, and textured, rich blacks — instantly jazz up otherwise dull ensembles.
4. Ballet flats look appropriate on women of any age, from grandmothers to teens and everyone in between.
5. They will never go out of style. These classics are timelessly chic and sophisticated.
Repetto BB flats, $225–$320 at Repetto USA; 800-858-5855.