Beyoncé just announced that she plans to launch a fragrance in spring 2010. Naturally, a word she wants to associate with that fragrance is "Fierce," culled from her alter ego, Sasha Fierce. However, Abercrombie & Fitch claims they were Fierce with a capital F long before her, since they've been selling a Fierce fragrance since 2002. They say Beyoncé's planned fragrance "poses a likelihood of confusion" for customers. However, what they fail to realize is that, while they decided to use Fierce first, Beyoncé was Fierce first. If we were judging this case, we would tell Abercrombie to name the fragrance in question "Why?" to symbolize the feelings of a large contingency of America about their pricing system. It possesses the same mysterious quality as Fierce. Besides, Beyoncé can't launch a fragrance with any other name. She's too edgy for "Crazy in Love," and "Ego" would make people dislike her. And if Beyoncé's life isn't perfect, the world won't turn.
Meet WWLTD: The ‘Opening Ceremony of Mexico’
Weekend Must: Visit Dover Street Market New York
Virgil Abloh Is Inspired by Martha Stewart
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 4 Days to Go!
- The Best Stuff on the Cut This Week
- Male Gaze: The Irresistible Idris Elba
- Meet WWLTD: The ‘Opening Ceremony of Mexico’
- Weekend Must: Visit Dover Street Market New York
- Virgil Abloh Is Inspired by Martha Stewart
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 5 Days to Go!
- Why Spike Jonze’s Her Has High-Waisted Pants
- Poet Starlets Fear Nothing, Not Even Lady Parts
- Now You Can Wear Kitty-Cat Flats On Your Nails
- 2013: The Year in Butts
- Well, This Proposal Video Is a Blatant Ad
- Rich Couples Choose to Use the Bathroom Together
- The Cut’s Fashion Secret Santa: Susie Lau
- 10 Dazzling, Wearable Shoes for New Year’s Eve