The predominant theme of spring accessories was bondage, which peeked through in the details. Naughty elements appeared at several shows: chains, spikes, lacing, and ties that bind. Heels were tougher, especially at Vera Wang and Rodarte (watch for spikes), and the va-va-voom factor was upped at Narciso Rodriguez, Derek Lam, and Phillip Lim. On the other end of the spectrum, Calvin Klein showed easy-to-wear platform wedges, and Marc Jacobs, shockingly, had flats. Bags were colorful, beaded, chained, roped, and tasseled. Check out all these accessories and more.
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
Meet WWLTD: The ‘Opening Ceremony of Mexico’
Weekend Must: Visit Dover Street Market New York
Virgil Abloh Is Inspired by Martha Stewart
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 4 Days to Go!
- The Best Stuff on the Cut This Week
- Male Gaze: The Irresistible Idris Elba
- Meet WWLTD: The ‘Opening Ceremony of Mexico’
- Weekend Must: Visit Dover Street Market New York
- Virgil Abloh Is Inspired by Martha Stewart
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 5 Days to Go!
- Why Spike Jonze’s Her Has High-Waisted Pants
- Poet Starlets Fear Nothing, Not Even Lady Parts
- Now You Can Wear Kitty-Cat Flats On Your Nails
- 2013: The Year in Butts
- Well, This Proposal Video Is a Blatant Ad
- Rich Couples Choose to Use the Bathroom Together
- The Cut’s Fashion Secret Santa: Susie Lau
- 10 Dazzling, Wearable Shoes for New Year’s Eve