Motivational art is inherently a cheesy genre, dominated by faux-inspiring clichés and Photoshopped imagery. These prints by Chicago-based graphic designer Orange Beautiful fly in the face of convention, screen-printed with phrases like “Get On With It Already,” “Do Something About It,” and — our personal favorite — “Get Your Sh*t Together,” in Skittle-colored hues. Lighten up your own bleak cubicle, gift one to a fellow (good-humored) recession victim, or hang it up at home. Each of the four designs also comes printed on the cover of a mini notebook ($8 apiece), a fitting place to jot down that elusive five-year plan.
Male Gaze: The Naked Warwick Rowers Are Baaack
See: A Harper’s Cover Shot by Erik Madigan Heck
Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- 12 Fisherman Sweaters for Winter
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 17 Days to Go!
- Rebecca Black Finally Made It to ‘Saturday’
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 18 Days to Go!
- The Best of the Cut This Week
- Male Gaze: The Naked Warwick Rowers Are Baaack
- The 11 Best Pre-Fall 2014 Looks (So Far)
- See: A Harper’s Cover Shot by Erik Madigan Heck
- Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- Decoding the Campy, Disheveled Girls Poster
- Burn After Reading: 2013 Holiday Candle Guide
- Time Editor Is a One-Woman Paycheck Fairness Act
- Facebook Could Add a ‘Sympathize’ Button
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 19 Days to Go!
- Decoding Drew’s Nails to Learn About Her Womb