Though he hasn’t played tennis since high school, Chris Benz is an expert at the Wii version. “I’m very advanced,” he said at his presentation Monday afternoon. “It’s the only thing I do at my apartment. They give you extra abilities once you’ve played for so long and your ranking’s up.” Last week the Times’ Guy Trebay slammed the pros for their circuslike attire, but Benz doesn’t agree with his assessment: “I love when people bring their own personality into their outfits. People are over tennis white.” Would he design an outfit for, say, Serena Williams, who won the women’s doubles title at the U.S. Open today with her sister but still remains dogged by her rage explosion over the weekend? “Absolutely,” Benz said, though he hasn’t seen her tirade yet (“I should look it up on YouTube”). So what would he design for her? “I love a little flirty dress. I think a colorful, flirty dress would be such a great thing.” Hmmm, flirty. Perhaps that'll lighten the mood around her.
Cannes Day 3: Cotillard, Kroes, and a Box Dress
Male Gaze: We All Pine for Chris Pine
Zhang Ziyi’s Very Versatile Pixie Cut at Cannes
- Cannes Day 3: Cotillard, Kroes, and a Box Dress
- Male Gaze: We All Pine for Chris Pine
- Galliano’s Latest Comeback Move: A TV Interview?
- Report: Aslaug Magnúsdóttir Out at Moda Operandi
- See J.Crew’s CFDA/Vogue Fashion Fund Collection
- Cannes: Mara, Kidman, and a Wet Red Carpet
- Zhang Ziyi’s Very Versatile Pixie Cut at Cannes
- Made in America: 18 National Treasures to Try
- Beyoncé Really Is Pregnant, Says E!
- Fake the Bake With Twelve New Self-Tanners
- Rooney Mara Finally Lands Major Fashion Contract
- Michelle Obama Has Retired Her Bangs
- Gaultier Explains the Eurovision Song Contest
- Planned Parenthood Defunder Running for Senate
- Kardashian’s Tortured, Swollen Feet: A Lament