Though he hasn’t played tennis since high school, Chris Benz is an expert at the Wii version. “I’m very advanced,” he said at his presentation Monday afternoon. “It’s the only thing I do at my apartment. They give you extra abilities once you’ve played for so long and your ranking’s up.” Last week the Times’ Guy Trebay slammed the pros for their circuslike attire, but Benz doesn’t agree with his assessment: “I love when people bring their own personality into their outfits. People are over tennis white.” Would he design an outfit for, say, Serena Williams, who won the women’s doubles title at the U.S. Open today with her sister but still remains dogged by her rage explosion over the weekend? “Absolutely,” Benz said, though he hasn’t seen her tirade yet (“I should look it up on YouTube”). So what would he design for her? “I love a little flirty dress. I think a colorful, flirty dress would be such a great thing.” Hmmm, flirty. Perhaps that'll lighten the mood around her.
Male Gaze: The Naked Warwick Rowers Are Baaack
See: A Harper’s Cover Shot by Erik Madigan Heck
Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- Rebecca Black Finally Made It to ‘Saturday’
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 18 Days to Go!
- The Best of the Cut This Week
- Male Gaze: The Naked Warwick Rowers Are Baaack
- The 11 Best Pre-Fall 2014 Looks (So Far)
- See: A Harper’s Cover Shot by Erik Madigan Heck
- Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- Decoding the Campy, Disheveled Girls Poster
- Burn After Reading: 2013 Holiday Candle Guide
- Time Editor Is a One-Woman Paycheck Fairness Act
- Facebook Could Add a ‘Sympathize’ Button
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 19 Days to Go!
- Decoding Drew’s Nails to Learn About Her Womb
- Messy-Haired Sky Ferreira: New Face of Redken
- Karolina Kurkova, Steven Tyler, & More at Basel