Last night at Alexander Wang's show, Mickey Boardman dropped a bomb on us: His colleague, Nylon style director and fashionable gal-of-all-trades Dani Stahl — not Lady Gaga — was to be credited with fashion's pants shortage. "You know she revolutionized the no-pants ensemble," he confided. Wait — does Dani truly want this distinction? "I'm taking credit," she boldly asserted. "I'm going to back it up. I will testify. I will sign affidavits. I will notarize things. I want a contract from the no-pants people." Okay, we can't argue with that. But ... but ... Gaga? Of course she didn't start it, but have we just forsaken her with this very item?! "Lady Gaga's taking it to a new level and bringing it under a spotlight, but Dani started it," Mickey assured us. So, Dani, if you were ahead of the pantsless curve, what's next? "Next you're going to see socks as pants," she predicted, adding that she intended to start the trend. "I just have to find the right underwear."
Meet WWLTD: The ‘Opening Ceremony of Mexico’
Weekend Must: Visit Dover Street Market New York
Virgil Abloh Is Inspired by Martha Stewart
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 4 Days to Go!
- The Best Stuff on the Cut This Week
- Male Gaze: The Irresistible Idris Elba
- Meet WWLTD: The ‘Opening Ceremony of Mexico’
- Weekend Must: Visit Dover Street Market New York
- Virgil Abloh Is Inspired by Martha Stewart
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 5 Days to Go!
- Why Spike Jonze’s Her Has High-Waisted Pants
- Poet Starlets Fear Nothing, Not Even Lady Parts
- Now You Can Wear Kitty-Cat Flats On Your Nails
- 2013: The Year in Butts
- Well, This Proposal Video Is a Blatant Ad
- Rich Couples Choose to Use the Bathroom Together
- The Cut’s Fashion Secret Santa: Susie Lau
- 10 Dazzling, Wearable Shoes for New Year’s Eve