Cutouts are nothing new in the world of trends. But this spring, they've crossed over into a more awkward territory. The slashes, holes, and gaps are in areas most women would prefer to keep hidden. Navels poked out at Alexander Wang, where one khaki skirt's waist hit right under the belly. Sides (and potential love handles) were at Erin Wasson, Frank Tell, Monique Lhuillier, and Yigal Azrouël. And Cushnie et Ochs sent out a gown with a huge thigh hole, so expect a peep show. Looks like clothes aren't necessarily about covering up this spring. Click ahead to see these looks and more.
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
Meet WWLTD: The ‘Opening Ceremony of Mexico’
Weekend Must: Visit Dover Street Market New York
Virgil Abloh Is Inspired by Martha Stewart
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 4 Days to Go!
- The Best Stuff on the Cut This Week
- Male Gaze: The Irresistible Idris Elba
- Meet WWLTD: The ‘Opening Ceremony of Mexico’
- Weekend Must: Visit Dover Street Market New York
- Virgil Abloh Is Inspired by Martha Stewart
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 5 Days to Go!
- Why Spike Jonze’s Her Has High-Waisted Pants
- Poet Starlets Fear Nothing, Not Even Lady Parts
- Now You Can Wear Kitty-Cat Flats On Your Nails
- 2013: The Year in Butts
- Well, This Proposal Video Is a Blatant Ad
- Rich Couples Choose to Use the Bathroom Together
- The Cut’s Fashion Secret Santa: Susie Lau
- 10 Dazzling, Wearable Shoes for New Year’s Eve