Jean Paul Gaultier, the man who brought us couture crocodile overalls, is rumored to be next in line to design a collection for Target. Sources tell WWD the collection is a long way off, but the discount retailer "has the ball in motion." Gaultier's people declined to comment, though Target's people said, "We don’t have anything to share other than we admire his work and incredible design aesthetic." If this collaboration happens, it might be the greatest thing since the cone bra, which, by God, we hope finds a place in the collection. The muse always plays a big role in Target's Designer Collaboration series (Alexander McQueen chose the Duke Spirit and Leila Moss, Anna Sui chose the girls of Gossip Girl). So whose would Gaultier's be? A diva, most likely. As long as the pleather is kept to a minimum and shiny stuff is included, we are onboard.
Male Gaze: The Naked Warwick Rowers Are Baaack
See: A Harper’s Cover Shot by Erik Madigan Heck
Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- 12 Fisherman Sweaters for Winter
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 17 Days to Go!
- Rebecca Black Finally Made It to ‘Saturday’
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 18 Days to Go!
- The Best of the Cut This Week
- Male Gaze: The Naked Warwick Rowers Are Baaack
- The 11 Best Pre-Fall 2014 Looks (So Far)
- See: A Harper’s Cover Shot by Erik Madigan Heck
- Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- Decoding the Campy, Disheveled Girls Poster
- Burn After Reading: 2013 Holiday Candle Guide
- Time Editor Is a One-Woman Paycheck Fairness Act
- Facebook Could Add a ‘Sympathize’ Button
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 19 Days to Go!
- Decoding Drew’s Nails to Learn About Her Womb