Erin Wasson wasn’t the only one inspired by the less fortunate this season. Julie Ragolia, City fashion editor and subject of a recent Video Look Book, has been eying one in particular. “It sounds so awful to say that a homeless man’s style was so inspiring to me, because it seems almost to be mocking, but [this man] has the most incredible style. He lives in my neighborhood — or, stays in my neighborhood,” the stylist said at the Sartorialist book signing yesterday (she is, incidentally, featured on the book’s cover). “He wears a blazer with a white button-down shirt. His pants are awkwardly rolled — he rolled one leg higher than the other. And he wears this black backpack that is just unbelievable. It’s something straight out of the Yohji runway.” Why are the homeless looking so good this season? “When you see somebody who’s doing something that’s truly original, even if it is due to their necessity and dire straits, you can’t help but think how wonderful and amazing they look. And then you empathize, of course,” she said.
When Does PDA Mean a Couple Is Back Together?
Too Much or Too Little: DSM-V’s Gray Area on Sex
Balenciaga’s New Bag: A Versatile Summer Option
- Every Outfit Olivia Has Worn on Scandal Season 2
- When Does PDA Mean a Couple Is Back Together?
- Too Much or Too Little: DSM-V’s Gray Area on Sex
- Balenciaga’s New Bag: A Versatile Summer Option
- Issa’s Designer, Daniella Helayel, Quits Label
- Pussy Riot’s Maria Alyokhina Denied Parole
- GIF Lesson: How to Give Thin Hair Extra Volume
- The 45 Most Gorgeous, Famous Gems of All Time
- Barack Obama Prom Pictures
- Watch: Supercut of Pop Culture’s Best Promzillas
- Men No Longer Just Pieces of Meat
- Roitfeld Cast Herself in Seyfried’s Givenchy Ads
- Dirty Levi’s Jeans Sell for $36,100
- Best Bet: Mango Patterned Sweater
- Padma Lakshmi Played Belly-Button Peekaboo