On August 12, Michelle Obama wore a simple red belted sheath dress to a White House function. Turns out that dress is by Oscar de la Renta's son Moises de la Renta, who has a young clothing line of his own called MDLR. This is a spicy revelation, because while Oscar de la Renta has been a perennial favorite of past First Ladies, Michelle Obama has noticeably kept him out of her closet. Oscar criticized Michelle a few months ago for wearing a smattering of European labels among her mostly American wardrobe. And before she publicly branched out into foreign designers, Oscar criticized the sartorial "message" her fondness for J.Crew sent, lamenting, "I think it’s wrong to go in one direction only." Well, now that direction includes his son! If she was going to wear a De La Renta piece after all the drama ...
Male Gaze: The Naked Warwick Rowers Are Baaack
See: A Harper’s Cover Shot by Erik Madigan Heck
Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- 12 Fisherman Sweaters for Winter
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 17 Days to Go!
- Rebecca Black Finally Made It to ‘Saturday’
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 18 Days to Go!
- The Best of the Cut This Week
- Male Gaze: The Naked Warwick Rowers Are Baaack
- The 11 Best Pre-Fall 2014 Looks (So Far)
- See: A Harper’s Cover Shot by Erik Madigan Heck
- Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- Decoding the Campy, Disheveled Girls Poster
- Burn After Reading: 2013 Holiday Candle Guide
- Time Editor Is a One-Woman Paycheck Fairness Act
- Facebook Could Add a ‘Sympathize’ Button
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 19 Days to Go!
- Decoding Drew’s Nails to Learn About Her Womb