Earlier this summer, we noted that astronauts were having a hot moment, shilling for Louis Vuitton and Omega — not to mention the Orbit hat's gloriously brief taste of fame. And the fall runways were rife with structured, futuristic garments and "haute helmets" galore. (Aloha Rag is currently stocking $1,195 Martin Margiela helmets — the ultimate accent piece, clearly.) Now that the fall collections have arrived in stores, the space-age theme has hit the racks, manifesting in flying-saucer tees, comet-streaked jumpers, lunar tops, and, yes, galaxy-print leggings. Lace up your metallic boots and check out some of the cosmos-inspired offerings in stores now.
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
Kate Middleton Debuts Sad, Droopy Ponytail
Meet Rouge New York, the Blowout Bar of Makeup
Wish List: Nicholas Kirkwood’s Bondage Heels
- Glenn O’Brien Is Now a Priest Named Father G.
- Kate Middleton Debuts Sad, Droopy Ponytail
- John Boehner Teaching GOP How to Talk to Chicks
- Meet Rouge New York, the Blowout Bar of Makeup
- Cities Ranked by Fake Instagram Happiness
- See Sexy Seventies Glamour From American Hustle
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 20 Days to Go!
- An Homage to the Lovely, Feisty Barbara Stanwyck
- Wish List: Nicholas Kirkwood’s Bondage Heels
- Kids Struggle With Platonic Friendship, Too
- Victorian Moms Creepin’ in Photo Portraits
- 16 Pretty Finds in Pantone's Radiant Orchid
- Happy Birthday, Joan Didion!
- Will Nixing ‘Fashion Bloggers’ Fix Fashion Week?
- Date Miley Cyrus by Dressing Exactly Like Her