FASHION WEEK CONTINUES
• Check nymag.com every day to see the latest spring 2010 collections, backstage galleries, party coverage, beauty shots, new accessories, and coverage from the Fug Girls, the Cut, and the New York magazine team. See the whole lineup in our comprehensive Fashion Week schedule. Through 9/17. Various locations.
• New York Times fashion critic Cathy Horyn interviews photographer Juergen Teller for the latest Times Talks event. Teller has shot ad campaigns for Marc Jacobs and Vivienne Westwood, and his latest exhibition can be seen at the Lehmann Maupin Gallery starting September 10. School of Visual Arts, Visual Arts Theater, 333 W. 23rd St., nr. Eighth Ave. (212-592-2980); 7 p.m.
• The Wish You Were Here pop-up shop ends its run with a Lower East Side fashion show including London brands and Lower East Side boutique favorites. Afterward, stop by the after-party at Gallery Bar for complimentary drinks from Hendrick’s gin and Bear flag wine, as well as music from DJs from the All England Club. Fashion Show: 185 Orchard St., nr. Stanton St.; 4–6:30. After-party: Gallery Bar, 120 Orchard St., nr. Delancey St. (212-529-2266); open bar, 7–8.
• Outfit your bike at the first Manhattan Bike Jumble. Scope out used bikes, racing gear, accessories, cycling luggage cases, and more. Schoolyard at E. 4th St., nr. Avenue B; 10–4.
• Check out the Superstar DJ Record Fair, a 30-vendor bazaar organized by the Brooklyn Flea. Vintage turntablists can scour for old Bowie 45s from Etherea Records, while new-tunes addicts try to score one of the LCD Soundsystem remix sets ($25) just pressed by DFA Records — they’re bringing only five copies. Dumbo Passage, Water and Pearl Sts.; 11–6.
• Shuttered East Village boutique Momofalana reopens as Momo Soho on Centre Street. Cofounder Maureen Roberts calls the store a “Victorian, psychedelic fairy dream.” Check out the new space at the launch party. RSVP to email@example.com. 237 Centre St., nr. Grand St. (212-979-9595); 6.
• Shop G-Star's twentieth anniversary at their RAW20 pop-up shop. The store will house a special, limited-edition collection of T-shirts, pants, sweats, and accessories. The G-Star Raw Denim Foundation will donate all proceeds from sales of the collection to the Net4Kids Aid Foundation children's charity in India. Through 9/16. G-Star RAW20 Pop-Up Store, 286 Lafayette St., nr. Prince St.; daily 128.
• Tretorn is having a tent sale, offering discounted boots, sneakers, and more. Through 9/13. 150 Spring St., nr. Wooster St. (646-454-9680); S (10–8), Su (11–7).
• Cocktail gowns, sportswear, furs, accessories, and handbags are up to 80 percent off at the Shelly & Renee fall designer sale. Labels include Pamella Roland, Heidi Weisel, Valentino Red, Alexander McQueen, and more. Through 9/15. Helmsley Park Lane Hotel, 36 Central Park South, nr. Fifth Ave., fifth fl. Enter at 58th St. (212-920-1211); Su (1–7), M (10–6), Tu (10–5).
• Auto is hosting its fall yard sale, including overstock, samples, and clearance items. Shop discounted home décor, children's apparel, clothing, jewelry, and more. Virginia Johnson clothing and bags are up to 70 percent off, Missoni Living housewares are 30 to 50 percent off, Matta clothing is up to 50 percent off, and Matteo bedding is up to 65 percent off. 803-805 Washington St., nr. Gansevoort St. (212-229-2292); Th–S (11–7), Su (11–6).
• Get discounts at Bloomingdale's when you use your Bloomingdale's credit card. Spend $100 to $249, and get $25 off your entire purchase; spend $250 to $499, and get $50 off; spend $500 to $999, and get $100 off; spend $1,000 to $1,999, and get $250 off; spend $2,000 or more, and get $500 off. 1000 Third Ave., at 59th St. (212-705-2000); F (10–8:30), S–Su (11–7).
• Walk-ins receive $5 off any service at FSC Barber. Weekdays only. 8 Rivington St., nr. Chrystie St. (212-673-3209); M–F (11–4).
Most Viewed Stories
‘Weed Dick’ Is the New Way for Men to Sexually Disappoint You
The Big Secret of Every Dating App: Tech Doesn’t Matter
Portraits of Privilege: A Teen Demands Mac ’n’ Cheese
How to Get Out of Any Party Conversation
Amber Rose, Populist Slut Hero of Our Time
7 Alternatives to Those Sold-Out L.L. Bean Boots
Cindy Crawford on Bagels, Instagirls, and Bringing the Supermodel Era to TV
Adriana Lima on Boxing, Brazilian Beauty Secrets
You Think You’re Too Classy to Drink Champagne From a Bong?
From Our Partners
Afternoon Bulletin: Queens Drug Bust, Subway Scuffle and More
Clever nightstand alternatives (for small-spaces!)
This 30-Day Squat Challenge Will Transform Your Body
5 Best Sex Positions to Practically Guarantee an Orgasm
powered by PubExchange
The Cut’s Latest Shopping Features7 Alternatives to Those Sold-Out L.L. Bean Boots
Don't be one of the 100,000 losers waiting for back orders.Stock Up on These Fall Boots Under $300
Sensible lace-ups, sparkly shoes, and more.Cheap Thrill: Jacquemus’s Tailored T-Shirt
A signature piece from the "It" designer.Outfit of the Week: A Smart Way to Layer Basics
One more way to make weekdays easier.Cool Cocktail Dresses Inspired by the Philippines
From the up-and-comers behind Mestiza.Treat-Yourself Friday: A Utilitarian Leather Jacket
Perfect for the unpredictable weather.38 Pairs of Boots to Buy This Fall
Because pedicure season is finally over.41 Downright-Gorgeous New Pieces for Your Home
From kingly bedding to froggy rugs to Georg Jensen glass.5 Discerning New Yorkers on Their Favorite Finds for the Home
Project Runway’s Tim Gunn, celebrity stylist June Ambrose, and more choose the city’s finest boutiques, furniture restorers, specialty shops, designers, and cleaners.Marni’s Fabulously Shaggy Winter Coats Are Here
Fluffy and fantastic.
Welcome to layering season.Cheap Thrill: COS’s Wide-Leg Pants
A versatile transition piece.Outfit of the Week: Light Fall Layers
No jacket needed.37 Great Basics for Updating Your Wardrobe This Fall
The best work-friendly pieces, the perfect trench, and everything else you need right now.Treat Yourself Friday: A Quirky Bucket Bag
A playful take on the trend.Balenciaga’s New Shoes Are a ’90s Dream
Angela Chase would approve.Altuzarra’s First Bags Debut at Barneys New York
Introducing the Ghianda collection.115 Ways to Scream ‘Status’
The thing to have right now if you’re an Italian chef, an Upper East Side lady, a leather daddy, or a Dalton senior. (We know because we asked.)Cheap Thrill: Kenzo’s Flirty Pleated Skirt
A go-with-everything skirt on sale.Outfit of the Week: A Work-Friendly Combo
The ideal pieces to wear as we head into fall.