FASHION WEEK CONTINUES
• Check nymag.com every day to see the latest spring 2010 collections, backstage galleries, party coverage, beauty shots, new accessories, and coverage from the Fug Girls, the Cut, and the New York magazine team. See the whole lineup in our comprehensive Fashion Week schedule. Through 9/17. Various locations.
• New York Times fashion critic Cathy Horyn interviews photographer Juergen Teller for the latest Times Talks event. Teller has shot ad campaigns for Marc Jacobs and Vivienne Westwood, and his latest exhibition can be seen at the Lehmann Maupin Gallery starting September 10. School of Visual Arts, Visual Arts Theater, 333 W. 23rd St., nr. Eighth Ave. (212-592-2980); 7 p.m.
• The Wish You Were Here pop-up shop ends its run with a Lower East Side fashion show including London brands and Lower East Side boutique favorites. Afterward, stop by the after-party at Gallery Bar for complimentary drinks from Hendrick’s gin and Bear flag wine, as well as music from DJs from the All England Club. Fashion Show: 185 Orchard St., nr. Stanton St.; 4–6:30. After-party: Gallery Bar, 120 Orchard St., nr. Delancey St. (212-529-2266); open bar, 7–8.
• Outfit your bike at the first Manhattan Bike Jumble. Scope out used bikes, racing gear, accessories, cycling luggage cases, and more. Schoolyard at E. 4th St., nr. Avenue B; 10–4.
• Check out the Superstar DJ Record Fair, a 30-vendor bazaar organized by the Brooklyn Flea. Vintage turntablists can scour for old Bowie 45s from Etherea Records, while new-tunes addicts try to score one of the LCD Soundsystem remix sets ($25) just pressed by DFA Records — they’re bringing only five copies. Dumbo Passage, Water and Pearl Sts.; 11–6.
• Shuttered East Village boutique Momofalana reopens as Momo Soho on Centre Street. Cofounder Maureen Roberts calls the store a “Victorian, psychedelic fairy dream.” Check out the new space at the launch party. RSVP to email@example.com. 237 Centre St., nr. Grand St. (212-979-9595); 6.
• Shop G-Star's twentieth anniversary at their RAW20 pop-up shop. The store will house a special, limited-edition collection of T-shirts, pants, sweats, and accessories. The G-Star Raw Denim Foundation will donate all proceeds from sales of the collection to the Net4Kids Aid Foundation children's charity in India. Through 9/16. G-Star RAW20 Pop-Up Store, 286 Lafayette St., nr. Prince St.; daily 128.
• Tretorn is having a tent sale, offering discounted boots, sneakers, and more. Through 9/13. 150 Spring St., nr. Wooster St. (646-454-9680); S (10–8), Su (11–7).
• Cocktail gowns, sportswear, furs, accessories, and handbags are up to 80 percent off at the Shelly & Renee fall designer sale. Labels include Pamella Roland, Heidi Weisel, Valentino Red, Alexander McQueen, and more. Through 9/15. Helmsley Park Lane Hotel, 36 Central Park South, nr. Fifth Ave., fifth fl. Enter at 58th St. (212-920-1211); Su (1–7), M (10–6), Tu (10–5).
• Auto is hosting its fall yard sale, including overstock, samples, and clearance items. Shop discounted home décor, children's apparel, clothing, jewelry, and more. Virginia Johnson clothing and bags are up to 70 percent off, Missoni Living housewares are 30 to 50 percent off, Matta clothing is up to 50 percent off, and Matteo bedding is up to 65 percent off. 803-805 Washington St., nr. Gansevoort St. (212-229-2292); Th–S (11–7), Su (11–6).
• Get discounts at Bloomingdale's when you use your Bloomingdale's credit card. Spend $100 to $249, and get $25 off your entire purchase; spend $250 to $499, and get $50 off; spend $500 to $999, and get $100 off; spend $1,000 to $1,999, and get $250 off; spend $2,000 or more, and get $500 off. 1000 Third Ave., at 59th St. (212-705-2000); F (10–8:30), S–Su (11–7).
• Walk-ins receive $5 off any service at FSC Barber. Weekdays only. 8 Rivington St., nr. Chrystie St. (212-673-3209); M–F (11–4).
Most Viewed Stories
The Fashion Executive Who Doesn’t Wear Underwear on Dates
25 Famous Women on Being Alone
22 Intimate Lost Photos of Marilyn Monroe
Prince George Has No Time for Justin Trudeau’s High Fives
How Angelina Jolie Won the First Big Battle in Her Divorce
It’s Time to Get Over Your White Feelings and Start Taking Action for Black Lives
Madame Clairevoyant: Horoscopes for the Week of September 26
The Will & Grace Reunion Was Intensely Documented for Social Media
Amy Schumer Went All Out for the Kiss Cam at a Mets Game
The 6 Best Denim Shops on Etsy
From Our Partners
The Zoe Report
powered by PubExchange
The Cut’s Latest Shopping FeaturesHow to Wear a Pink Suit
That millennial-friendly color strikes again.Cheap Thrill: A Frilled Tomato-Red Jumpsuit
Saucy.14 Things on Sale You’ll Actually Want to Buy: From a Backpack to a Bralette
This week, we dug through the darkest, deepest depths of the internet and found a back-to-school-worthy backpack and a $30 mint-green lamp.Treat Yourself: This Ring Will Make You Feel Like a Boss
A defense against impostor syndrome.Back-to-School Shopping Guide: The College Years
From fuzzy pillows to flatware.The 11 Best Pieces to Buy at Avenue 32’s Sale
Deep discounts, up to 80 percent off.Could These Be the Best Workout Leggings?
Meet the high-waisted version of ADAY's perpetually sold-out Throw and Roll leggings.The Perfect Summer Blanket Is Here
Never wake up in another night sweat again.Cheap Thrill: a Summer Dress You’ll Want to Wear Every Day
For work and weekend.How to Wear Two Bright Colors Together
Marigold and acid-green actually go together really well.
Grunge and glam had a baby together, and it's this clutch.Drake’s Is Now Collaborating With J.Crew
The British menswear brand, not the rapper.13 Basics on Sale, From a T-Shirt to a Tea Kettle
Here, some simple things on super-sale.Here’s Another Way to Get That Vetements Look
Champion's Reverse Weave collection is now sold on SSENSE.10 Bodysuits to Tuck Into Pretty Much Everything
Wear them with mom jeans, high-waisted skirts, work pants ...How to Make Your Work Clothes Less Boring
Take some liberties with this cool Tory Burch skirt.You Can Now Wear Your Succulents on Your Fingers
With the 13-piece Cactus de Cartier collection.Vivienne Westwood’s New York Debut, Unexpected Pool Floats, and a ’70s-Inspired Record Store
What's new in New York stores.Treat Yourself: A Bubblegum-Pink Varsity Jacket
Get one for everyone in your girl gang.9 Ways to Make Your Summer Wardrobe Less Boring
Don't freak out. Buy one of these nine things instead.