• Bags for the People, Spacecraft, and Craft on Draught are teaming up to throw a Costumes for the People party. They've gathered thrifted clothes to pillage and sew into new costumes. Enjoy punch, beer, and other treats. $10 fee includes materials, refreshments (for adults and kids), and a raffle ticket to win prizes. RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org. Spacecraft, 355 Bedford Ave., nr. S. 4th St.; 7–10.
• Meet award-winning artist Akira Tokuda at the opening of Takashimaya's exhibition of Japanese prints and partake in a sake tasting by Dassai Sake and Sake Discoveries. RSVP to email@example.com. 693 Fifth Ave., nr 55th St., third fl. (212-350-0100), 5–7.
• The fall 2009 Claiborne by John Bartlett collection is up to 70 percent off at the warehouse sale. 1441 Broadway, nr. 41st St., third fl.; T–W (11–8), Th (11–5).
• Shop samples and irregular handbags, shoes, and clothing items at the Tory Burch sample sale. Clothingline, 261 W. 36th St., nr. Seventh Ave., second fl.; 10–7.
• Handbag designer Lesa Wallace is hosting a Design Your Own Bag contest. The winner will receive $1,000 and the handbag will the featured in the Lesa Wallace collection. Through 10/31. Online only. Enter at LesaWallace.com.