• Bags for the People, Spacecraft, and Craft on Draught are teaming up to throw a Costumes for the People party. They've gathered thrifted clothes to pillage and sew into new costumes. Enjoy punch, beer, and other treats. $10 fee includes materials, refreshments (for adults and kids), and a raffle ticket to win prizes. RSVP to email@example.com. Spacecraft, 355 Bedford Ave., nr. S. 4th St.; 7–10.
• Meet award-winning artist Akira Tokuda at the opening of Takashimaya's exhibition of Japanese prints and partake in a sake tasting by Dassai Sake and Sake Discoveries. RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org. 693 Fifth Ave., nr 55th St., third fl. (212-350-0100), 5–7.
• The fall 2009 Claiborne by John Bartlett collection is up to 70 percent off at the warehouse sale. 1441 Broadway, nr. 41st St., third fl.; T–W (11–8), Th (11–5).
• Shop samples and irregular handbags, shoes, and clothing items at the Tory Burch sample sale. Clothingline, 261 W. 36th St., nr. Seventh Ave., second fl.; 10–7.
• Handbag designer Lesa Wallace is hosting a Design Your Own Bag contest. The winner will receive $1,000 and the handbag will the featured in the Lesa Wallace collection. Through 10/31. Online only. Enter at LesaWallace.com.
Most Viewed Stories
How Angelina Jolie Won the First Big Battle in Her Divorce
25 Famous Women on Being Alone
It’s Time to Get Over Your White Feelings and Start Taking Action for Black Lives
22 Intimate Lost Photos of Marilyn Monroe
Everything We Know About Brad Pitt’s Plane Incident
Jaden Smith on the Many Subtle Flavors of Water
Taylor Swift’s Squad Begged Kim Kardashian for Mercy
The National Nightmare Is Over: Kim Kardashian Will Vote for Hillary
Adam Levine and Behati Prinsloo Unveiled Their Baby on Instagram
The 6 Best Denim Shops on Etsy
From Our Partners
powered by PubExchange
The Cut’s Latest Shopping FeaturesHow to Wear a Pink Suit
That millennial-friendly color strikes again.Cheap Thrill: A Frilled Tomato-Red Jumpsuit
Saucy.14 Things on Sale You’ll Actually Want to Buy: From a Backpack to a Bralette
This week, we dug through the darkest, deepest depths of the internet and found a back-to-school-worthy backpack and a $30 mint-green lamp.Treat Yourself: This Ring Will Make You Feel Like a Boss
A defense against impostor syndrome.Back-to-School Shopping Guide: The College Years
From fuzzy pillows to flatware.The 11 Best Pieces to Buy at Avenue 32’s Sale
Deep discounts, up to 80 percent off.Could These Be the Best Workout Leggings?
Meet the high-waisted version of ADAY's perpetually sold-out Throw and Roll leggings.The Perfect Summer Blanket Is Here
Never wake up in another night sweat again.Cheap Thrill: a Summer Dress You’ll Want to Wear Every Day
For work and weekend.How to Wear Two Bright Colors Together
Marigold and acid-green actually go together really well.
Grunge and glam had a baby together, and it's this clutch.Drake’s Is Now Collaborating With J.Crew
The British menswear brand, not the rapper.13 Basics on Sale, From a T-Shirt to a Tea Kettle
Here, some simple things on super-sale.Here’s Another Way to Get That Vetements Look
Champion's Reverse Weave collection is now sold on SSENSE.10 Bodysuits to Tuck Into Pretty Much Everything
Wear them with mom jeans, high-waisted skirts, work pants ...How to Make Your Work Clothes Less Boring
Take some liberties with this cool Tory Burch skirt.You Can Now Wear Your Succulents on Your Fingers
With the 13-piece Cactus de Cartier collection.Vivienne Westwood’s New York Debut, Unexpected Pool Floats, and a ’70s-Inspired Record Store
What's new in New York stores.Treat Yourself: A Bubblegum-Pink Varsity Jacket
Get one for everyone in your girl gang.9 Ways to Make Your Summer Wardrobe Less Boring
Don't freak out. Buy one of these nine things instead.