Much of Ralph Lauren's appeal lies in the line's classic glamour, but when it comes to marketing and consumer experience, the brand is absolutely on the cutting edge. New York's fashion director, Harriet Mays Powell, sat down with David Lauren to talk about what the company's doing to stay ahead of the fashion-tech curve. As he says, "A page in a magazine is never enough." Now it's about touch-screen windows, bar codes on its advertisements that you can scan yourself, and the ever-crucial iPhone app. Watch and learn, grasshoppers.
Cannes Day 3: Cotillard, Kroes, and a Box Dress
Male Gaze: We All Pine for Chris Pine
Zhang Ziyi’s Very Versatile Pixie Cut at Cannes
- Cannes Day 3: Cotillard, Kroes, and a Box Dress
- Male Gaze: We All Pine for Chris Pine
- Galliano’s Latest Comeback Move: A TV Interview?
- Report: Aslaug Magnúsdóttir Out at Moda Operandi
- See J.Crew’s CFDA/Vogue Fashion Fund Collection
- Cannes: Mara, Kidman, and a Wet Red Carpet
- Zhang Ziyi’s Very Versatile Pixie Cut at Cannes
- Made in America: 18 National Treasures to Try
- Beyoncé Really Is Pregnant, Says E!
- Fake the Bake With Twelve New Self-Tanners
- Rooney Mara Finally Lands Major Fashion Contract
- Michelle Obama Has Retired Her Bangs
- Gaultier Explains the Eurovision Song Contest
- Planned Parenthood Defunder Running for Senate
- Kardashian’s Tortured, Swollen Feet: A Lament