The Yankees just won the division series, but have you put down your Vogue, given pause, and asked why? If not, the Moment has done that for you and concluded that Phiten necklaces must have something to do with the team's success. Apparently players Joba Chamberlain, Nick Swisher, and Robinson Cano all wear the necklaces; they're made from braided strands of nylon and polyester and contain titanium, which supposedly "permits a greater flow of the energy in the body." So these necklaces are like the Kabbalah bracelets of baseball (is it no wonder A-Rod doesn't wear one?). We're all for positive energy flow and winning games and kumbaya and all of that, but we'll just come out and say it: These necklaces are ugly. And the more the Yankees wear them, the more Yankees fans — men out there in the dating pool — are likely to wear them. And little ropes like that have no business around anyone's neck unless it is 1989 and they are holding a pair of glasses. Even then, they're questionable.
Ms. Blue Ivy Carter, Too Cool for Pre-School
Famous Person Dares to Wear Dress More Than Once
Shailene Woodley’s Beauty Mantra: ‘You Do You’
- Ms. Blue Ivy Carter, Too Cool for Pre-School
- Happy Birthday, Jeff Bridges!
- Famous Person Dares to Wear Dress More Than Once
- WSJ Columnist: Time Warner Is a ‘Little Girl’
- Watch Lily McMenamy Do Crazy-Ass Yoga in Céline
- Katy Perry Says Volunteer for the Insta-Pix
- Shailene Woodley’s Beauty Mantra: ‘You Do You’
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 21 Days to Go!
- A First Glimpse of Beyoncé and Jay’s Vegan Life
- Party Pics: The First Wave From Art Basel Miami
- Gumbel Makes Barneys Race Joke to Barneys CEO
- Tyra Banks Is 40!
- Kimye Plans Super-Subtle Wedding at Versailles
- Liv Tyler Reminds Us to Say Please and Thank You
- Used Princess Di Clothes Sell for $140,000