Paris Fashion Week usually gives rise to an emerging runway star, but this season was overrun with the tried-and-true favorites. While some newbies managed to chalk up some opening and closing slots, the old guard showed up in force. Eva Herzigova, Natalia Vodianova, and Daria Werbowy all made special appearances when they opened and closed Hermès, Stella McCartney, and Balmain, respectively. Mariacarla Boscono had her requisite closing slot at Givenchy. John Galliano anointed Karlie Kloss the lucky one when she opened for Christian Dior and his namesake label. And runway fixture Kasia Struss continued to have a successful season when she opened for the directional Dries Van Noten and Balenciaga shows. But, it's Freja Beha, with her sleek, androgynous look, that trumped them all. Being Karl Lagerfeld's muse, naturally she closed his Karl Lagerfeld line and Chanel (alongside Baptiste Giabiconi and Lara Stone). That in itself could have warranted the win, but the Danish model was also the first face at Rick Owens and Chloé, and closed out Dries van Noten and Valentino. See all of Paris's openers and closers in our slideshow.
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
Meet WWLTD: The ‘Opening Ceremony of Mexico’
Weekend Must: Visit Dover Street Market New York
Virgil Abloh Is Inspired by Martha Stewart
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 4 Days to Go!
- The Best Stuff on the Cut This Week
- Male Gaze: The Irresistible Idris Elba
- Meet WWLTD: The ‘Opening Ceremony of Mexico’
- Weekend Must: Visit Dover Street Market New York
- Virgil Abloh Is Inspired by Martha Stewart
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 5 Days to Go!
- Why Spike Jonze’s Her Has High-Waisted Pants
- Poet Starlets Fear Nothing, Not Even Lady Parts
- Now You Can Wear Kitty-Cat Flats On Your Nails
- 2013: The Year in Butts
- Well, This Proposal Video Is a Blatant Ad
- Rich Couples Choose to Use the Bathroom Together
- The Cut’s Fashion Secret Santa: Susie Lau
- 10 Dazzling, Wearable Shoes for New Year’s Eve