If Milan's accessories were summed up in a single word, that word would be Lucite. Plastic is in, people, and it's hard to miss. From the embellished Lucite shoes at Prada to the rectangular Lucite clutches at Fendi, the stuff is shinier than ever. The sixties were also back with mod-inspired shoes at Versace and pop-art clutches at Emporio Armani. Not everyone followed suit, however: Jil Sander, never one to follow trends, trotted out two-pronged metal heels that were a different and fresh approach to the season's shoes. Is it overdramatic of us to declare that this is a true reinvention of the heel? Perhaps — but decide for yourself with our Milan accessories roundup.
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
Eyelid Art Is the New Nail Art
Lab Rat: Are Honey Masks Terrible and Sticky?
The Cut’s Fashion Secret Santa: Simon Doonan
- Eyelid Art Is the New Nail Art
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 16 Days to Go!
- Michelle Obama Got a Farrah Fawcett Hairdo
- Why We Can't Let Men Off the Hook on Housework
- Lab Rat: Are Honey Masks Terrible and Sticky?
- Nicki Minaj Got a Boob Cake for Her Birthday
- The Cut’s Fashion Secret Santa: Simon Doonan
- Obstinate Seal Traps Newlyweds on Remote Island
- Amy Adams Didn’t Do Boob Tape in American Hustle
- Joanna Coles Lets Her 36-Year-Old Assistant Blog
- Beyoncé Wears Cow Print, Displays Sense of Humor
- Best Bet: Property Metallic Sack
- Selfie Yearbook 2013: Celebrity Superlatives
- 70 Fancy Gifts to Pine for This Holiday Season
- Short Men Are Out of Luck 99 Percent of the Time