Anna Wintour isn't the only member of the fashion-industry glitterati who can order whatever she wants at a restaurant, whether it's on the menu or not — Roberto Cavalli can, too! Sure, he may be more Italian than sipping Bellinis in the Mediterranean sun on a yacht in a Speedo, but the designer has recently developed an irrepressible craving for Mexican food. Cavalli — who even personally crafted an Italian menu for the restaurant in his nightclub — was lunching alfresco at Serafina the other day with a table of models who were dining on salad and tuna tartare, when he called neighboring restaurant Mañana to order Mexican takeout. Diners who were scarfing pasta were a little surprised to see chicken tostaditas, enchiladas with mole sauce, and guacamole delivered to the table at Serafina. But whatever Roberto wants, Roberto gets, says Vittorio Assaf, who owns both Serafina and Mañana. “Roberto loves his guacamole. Sometimes he comes in alone in the afternoon to sit in the back and order it. At Serafina we let him have the Mexican food delivered, but we don't tell our chef — he would walk out.''
Cannes Day 3: Cotillard, Kroes, and a Box Dress
Male Gaze: We All Pine for Chris Pine
Zhang Ziyi’s Very Versatile Pixie Cut at Cannes
- Negative Space: 11 White Dresses With Cutouts
- Cannes Day 3: Cotillard, Kroes, and a Box Dress
- Male Gaze: We All Pine for Chris Pine
- Galliano’s Latest Comeback Move: A TV Interview?
- Report: Aslaug Magnúsdóttir Out at Moda Operandi
- See J.Crew’s CFDA/Vogue Fashion Fund Collection
- Cannes: Mara, Kidman, and a Wet Red Carpet
- Zhang Ziyi’s Very Versatile Pixie Cut at Cannes
- Made in America: 18 National Treasures to Try
- Beyoncé Really Is Pregnant, Says E!
- Fake the Bake With Twelve New Self-Tanners
- Rooney Mara Finally Lands Major Fashion Contract
- Michelle Obama Has Retired Her Bangs
- Gaultier Explains the Eurovision Song Contest
- Planned Parenthood Defunder Running for Senate