• Victoria's Secret is holding an open casting call at Yankee Stadium for its December fashion show. Applicants must be five foot eight or taller and bring two forms of identification, a bathing suit, and heels. Details and the registration form can be found at VSallaccess.com. Contestants may also enter online through 10/24. Yankee Stadium, 1 E. 161st St., at Jerome Ave., the Bronx. Arrive between 8–10 a.m.
• Areaware hosts "The Drop," a free daylong festival of interactive art, music, and fashion projects in Chelsea. Interactive art projects include live painting and a live ballgown draping by emerging fashion designers using recycled materials. Areaware will also be hosting a pop-up store, alongside one-of-a-kind art pieces, design objects, and furniture from the American Design Club. Through 10/3. Opening party: Under the High Line, 5–9. The Drop festival: Multiple locations at 25th St., between Tenth Ave. and Eleventh Ave.; Outdoor festival (noon–9), indoor exhibition (noon–5). Areaware pop-up store: 521 W. 25th St., nr. Tenth Ave., fourth fl. (noon–5).
• Take a Pilates for Pink class in Union Square Park and help in the fight to find a cure for breast cancer. Make a $25 donation to the Breast Cancer Research Foundation and receive a Shape magazine Pilates mat, your choice of a Pilates class in the park, and a bag full of gifts from the event's sponsors. A list of classes and tickets are available at pilatesforpinkevents.com. Union Square Park, at 14th St.; 9–5.
• Comptoir des Cotonniers is hosting its seasonal mother-daughter modeling competition to cast for their spring 2010 collection and campaign. The winning mother and daughter will be featured in the brand's advertising campaign and will receive an all-expenses-paid trip to Paris to walk in the spring runway show in November. Comptoir des Cotonniers boutique, 155 Spring St., nr. W. Broadway (212-274-0830); 3–7.
• Bid on limited-edition De’Longhi Perfecta espresso machines featuring the etchings of fashion designer Nicole Miller, Brooklyn typographer Mike Perry, British interior designer Kelly Hoppen, and more. All ten designs are on eBay, and the starting bid is $1,800. Proceeds benefit Oxfam America. Through 10/18. Online only.
• W Hotel the Store is having a sample sale, offering up to 75 percent off jewelry, accessories, handbags, shoes, beauty products, gifts, and more. The LaRok Nile dress is $70 (originally $278), the Wink Mia jumper is $38 (originally $152), Gorjana Poppy stack rings are $35 (originally $70), and the Madison Marcus Lunar Bow dress is $72 (originally $285). 265 W. 37th St., nr. Eighth Ave., Ste. 703; W–F (10–7), S (10–4).
• Steven Dann is hosting a designer sale, offering 75 percent off shoes and bags from Givenchy, Giuseppe Zanotti, Valentino, Tory Burch, and more. 220 Lafayette St., nr. Spring St.; 11–8.
• Select merchandise is up to 90 percent off at the Luca Luca sample sale. 19 W. 36th St., nr. Fifth Ave., fourth fl. (212-755-2444); T–F (8:30–7), S–Su (11–5).
• 7 For All Mankind is hosting its first-ever sample sale, including men's and women's jeans, tops, jackets, handbags, dresses, and more. Shoppers are encouraged to register in advance at www.7forallmankind.thewarehousesale.com, though you may also register at the door. Metropolitan Pavilion, 123 W. 18th St., nr. Sixth Ave., fifth fl.; 10–8.
• Fall and winter menswear is up to 70 percent off at the Patrik Ervell sample sale. Shirts are $75 to $100 (originally $250 to $300), outerwear is $175 to $500 (originally $700 to $1,500), and sweaters are $100 to $150 (originally $350 to $500). 35 Howard St., nr. Crosby St., No. 4B, buzzer 4 (646-912-9083); F–Su (noon–6).
• Euphoria Spa is offering discounted treatments for $50 during "Sneak Peek Week" (the week before Spa Week), including the Blue Agave Enzyme Facial (50 minutes, originally $185) and the Blue Agave Massage (60 minutes, originally $125). Through 10/12. 18 Harrison St., nr. Greenwich St. (212-925-5925); M (10–8), T (1–8), W–F (10–8), S (10–7), Su (noon–7).
• Jackets, trenches, fur, and activewear coats from Cinzia Rocca are up to 65 percent off at the sample sale. Shop sample sizes 6 and 8. Through 10/10. Cinzia Rocca Showroom, 30 Central Park South (on 59th St.), nr. Fifth Ave., penthouse; 9–5.
• Select jewelry from Catherine Angiel is up to 20 percent off during the shop's fall sale. 43 Greenwich Ave., nr. Seventh Ave. (212-924-4314); M–S (noon–7), Su (noon–6).
Most Viewed Stories
Portraits of Privilege: A Teen Demands Mac ’n’ Cheese
Ask Polly: How Do I Show Him My Dark Side?
Staving Off Cynicism at Comme des Garçons, McQueen, and Céline
How to Get Out of Any Party Conversation
Maybe Refrain from Tweeting 'Kill All White Men'
‘Weed Dick’ Is the New Way for Men to Sexually Disappoint You
Man Calls 911 Because His Girlfriend ‘Wouldn’t Give Him Any Ass’
Charging My Phone in the World’s Most Beautiful Abercrombie
Why Do I Jerk Awake Right As I’m Falling Asleep?
A Renovated Paris Apartment With Its 18th-Century Details Left Intact
From Our Partners
Who What Wear
Kaia Gerber Talks About Growing Up Cindy Crawford's Daughter
You Should Be Sleeping With Your Hair In A Bun–Here’s Why
19 Signs You're the Mom of Your Friend Group
5 Reasons Why Your Vagina Itches
powered by PubExchange
The Cut’s Latest Shopping Features7 Alternatives to Those Sold-Out L.L. Bean Boots
Don't be one of the 100,000 losers waiting for back orders.Stock Up on These Fall Boots Under $300
Sensible lace-ups, sparkly shoes, and more.Cheap Thrill: Jacquemus’s Tailored T-Shirt
A signature piece from the "It" designer.Outfit of the Week: A Smart Way to Layer Basics
One more way to make weekdays easier.Cool Cocktail Dresses Inspired by the Philippines
From the up-and-comers behind Mestiza.Treat-Yourself Friday: A Utilitarian Leather Jacket
Perfect for the unpredictable weather.38 Pairs of Boots to Buy This Fall
Because pedicure season is finally over.41 Downright-Gorgeous New Pieces for Your Home
From kingly bedding to froggy rugs to Georg Jensen glass.5 Discerning New Yorkers on Their Favorite Finds for the Home
Project Runway’s Tim Gunn, celebrity stylist June Ambrose, and more choose the city’s finest boutiques, furniture restorers, specialty shops, designers, and cleaners.Marni’s Fabulously Shaggy Winter Coats Are Here
Fluffy and fantastic.
Welcome to layering season.Cheap Thrill: COS’s Wide-Leg Pants
A versatile transition piece.Outfit of the Week: Light Fall Layers
No jacket needed.37 Great Basics for Updating Your Wardrobe This Fall
The best work-friendly pieces, the perfect trench, and everything else you need right now.Treat Yourself Friday: A Quirky Bucket Bag
A playful take on the trend.Balenciaga’s New Shoes Are a ’90s Dream
Angela Chase would approve.Altuzarra’s First Bags Debut at Barneys New York
Introducing the Ghianda collection.115 Ways to Scream ‘Status’
The thing to have right now if you’re an Italian chef, an Upper East Side lady, a leather daddy, or a Dalton senior. (We know because we asked.)Cheap Thrill: Kenzo’s Flirty Pleated Skirt
A go-with-everything skirt on sale.Outfit of the Week: A Work-Friendly Combo
The ideal pieces to wear as we head into fall.