• The Housing Works in Gramercy is hosting its first-ever live auction. Celebrity auctioneer Kathleen Guzman will auction off 60 early-American fine prints, including dozens by engravers Currier & Ives. The prints range in estimated value from $100 to $1,500. The event is free and open to the public. All proceeds benefit Housing Works, which provides lifesaving services to homeless and low-income New Yorkers living with HIV/AIDS. Housing Works Gramercy Thrift Shop, 157 E. 23rd St., nr. Lexington Ave. (212-529-5955); 7–9.
• Enjoy samples of new beauty products and spa and salon treatments at the NYC Beauty sample-sale event, which also features complimentary appetizers and martinis. All shoppers receive a goody bag full of treats. Purchase tickets ($10) at PrettyCity.com. R Bar, 218 Bowery, nr. Prince St.; 6–9.
• Head downtown to Shecky's seventh annual Beauty Night Out. Free samples of cosmetics, fragrances, and haircare and skin-care products will be available to try. Complimentary cocktails will be served, so I.D. is required. The admission price ($30 in advance, $40 at the door) includes a goody bag. Tickets can be purchased at beautynightout.sheckys.com. Through 10/8. The Puck Building, 293 Lafayette St., at E. Houston St.; 5–10.
• Shop deep discounts on jewelry at the Anna Sheffield sample sale. The Seed Bead choker is $99 (originally $350), the Seed Bead earrings are $99 (originally $250), and the Mixed Chain cuff is $75 (originally $215). Through 10/10. 153 Lafayette St., nr. Grand St.; W (4–8), Th–F (noon–7), S (11:30–5).
• The Society of Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer’s Thrift Shop is hosting a fall luxury-coat sale. Hundreds of coats, jackets, capes, and accessories start at $65. Designer minks are $1,800. Through 10/10. 1440 Third Ave., nr. 81st St. (212-535-1250); W–F (10–5:30), S (11–5).
Most Viewed Stories
Rob Kardashian and Blac Chyna Reportedly Broke Up
Donald Trump Spent the Morning After the Debate Fat-Shaming Miss Universe, Again
It’s Finally Possible to Understand What Happened to Amanda Knox
Hillary Clinton’s Sickest Debate Burns
Ask a Boss: My Co-worker Wants Everyone to Call Her Boyfriend Her ‘Master’!
2009 Called — It Wants Its Vogue-Versus-Bloggers Fight Back.
22 Intimate Lost Photos of Marilyn Monroe
Former Miss Universe Becomes U.S. Citizen So She Can Vote Against Trump
Area Woman Interrupted by Man 25 Times in 26 Minutes
Our Scowling Hero Breaks a Smile
From Our Partners
The Fashion Spot
powered by PubExchange
The Cut’s Latest Shopping FeaturesHow to Wear a Pink Suit
That millennial-friendly color strikes again.Cheap Thrill: A Frilled Tomato-Red Jumpsuit
Saucy.14 Things on Sale You’ll Actually Want to Buy: From a Backpack to a Bralette
This week, we dug through the darkest, deepest depths of the internet and found a back-to-school-worthy backpack and a $30 mint-green lamp.Treat Yourself: This Ring Will Make You Feel Like a Boss
A defense against impostor syndrome.Back-to-School Shopping Guide: The College Years
From fuzzy pillows to flatware.The 11 Best Pieces to Buy at Avenue 32’s Sale
Deep discounts, up to 80 percent off.Could These Be the Best Workout Leggings?
Meet the high-waisted version of ADAY's perpetually sold-out Throw and Roll leggings.The Perfect Summer Blanket Is Here
Never wake up in another night sweat again.Cheap Thrill: a Summer Dress You’ll Want to Wear Every Day
For work and weekend.How to Wear Two Bright Colors Together
Marigold and acid-green actually go together really well.
Grunge and glam had a baby together, and it's this clutch.Drake’s Is Now Collaborating With J.Crew
The British menswear brand, not the rapper.13 Basics on Sale, From a T-Shirt to a Tea Kettle
Here, some simple things on super-sale.Here’s Another Way to Get That Vetements Look
Champion's Reverse Weave collection is now sold on SSENSE.10 Bodysuits to Tuck Into Pretty Much Everything
Wear them with mom jeans, high-waisted skirts, work pants ...How to Make Your Work Clothes Less Boring
Take some liberties with this cool Tory Burch skirt.You Can Now Wear Your Succulents on Your Fingers
With the 13-piece Cactus de Cartier collection.Vivienne Westwood’s New York Debut, Unexpected Pool Floats, and a ’70s-Inspired Record Store
What's new in New York stores.Treat Yourself: A Bubblegum-Pink Varsity Jacket
Get one for everyone in your girl gang.9 Ways to Make Your Summer Wardrobe Less Boring
Don't freak out. Buy one of these nine things instead.