• The Housing Works in Gramercy is hosting its first-ever live auction. Celebrity auctioneer Kathleen Guzman will auction off 60 early-American fine prints, including dozens by engravers Currier & Ives. The prints range in estimated value from $100 to $1,500. The event is free and open to the public. All proceeds benefit Housing Works, which provides lifesaving services to homeless and low-income New Yorkers living with HIV/AIDS. Housing Works Gramercy Thrift Shop, 157 E. 23rd St., nr. Lexington Ave. (212-529-5955); 7–9.
• Enjoy samples of new beauty products and spa and salon treatments at the NYC Beauty sample-sale event, which also features complimentary appetizers and martinis. All shoppers receive a goody bag full of treats. Purchase tickets ($10) at PrettyCity.com. R Bar, 218 Bowery, nr. Prince St.; 6–9.
• Head downtown to Shecky's seventh annual Beauty Night Out. Free samples of cosmetics, fragrances, and haircare and skin-care products will be available to try. Complimentary cocktails will be served, so I.D. is required. The admission price ($30 in advance, $40 at the door) includes a goody bag. Tickets can be purchased at beautynightout.sheckys.com. Through 10/8. The Puck Building, 293 Lafayette St., at E. Houston St.; 5–10.
• Shop deep discounts on jewelry at the Anna Sheffield sample sale. The Seed Bead choker is $99 (originally $350), the Seed Bead earrings are $99 (originally $250), and the Mixed Chain cuff is $75 (originally $215). Through 10/10. 153 Lafayette St., nr. Grand St.; W (4–8), Th–F (noon–7), S (11:30–5).
• The Society of Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer’s Thrift Shop is hosting a fall luxury-coat sale. Hundreds of coats, jackets, capes, and accessories start at $65. Designer minks are $1,800. Through 10/10. 1440 Third Ave., nr. 81st St. (212-535-1250); W–F (10–5:30), S (11–5).
Most Viewed Stories
It’s Harder to Be Thin Than It Was in the ’80s
Why Do I Jerk Awake Right As I’m Falling Asleep?
From Up Close, Raf Simons’s Vision for Dior Is Clear
The World’s Easiest Way to Highlight Your Face
A Pregnant Supermodel Explains What She Eats
Meet the Prom Queen of Instagram
Sleater-Kinney on Riot Grrl, Reuniting, and Portlandia
Michelle Obama: No Boy Is Cute Enough to Keep You From Getting an Education
Céline’s Woman-Friendly Triumph
Selfie Sorority Uses Media Frenzy for Good Cause
From Our Partners
Who What Wear
The Zara Outfit Every Girl In New York City Is Wearing
How Demi Lovato Embraced This Body “Problem” We All Have
Next Week/This Week: Watching the Watchmen
This 30-Day Squat Challenge Will Transform Your Body
powered by PubExchange
The Cut’s Latest Shopping FeaturesCool Cocktail Dresses Inspired by the Philippines
From the up-and-comers behind Mestiza.Treat-Yourself Friday: A Utilitarian Leather Jacket
Perfect for the unpredictable weather.38 Pairs of Boots to Buy This Fall
Because pedicure season is finally over.41 Downright-Gorgeous New Pieces for Your Home
From kingly bedding to froggy rugs to Georg Jensen glass.5 Discerning New Yorkers on Their Favorite Finds for the Home
Project Runway’s Tim Gunn, celebrity stylist June Ambrose, and more choose the city’s finest boutiques, furniture restorers, specialty shops, designers, and cleaners.Marni’s Fabulously Shaggy Winter Coats Are Here
Fluffy and fantastic.18 of the Best Fall Jackets Under $300
Welcome to layering season.Cheap Thrill: COS’s Wide-Leg Pants
A versatile transition piece.Outfit of the Week: Light Fall Layers
No jacket needed.37 Great Basics for Updating Your Wardrobe This Fall
The best work-friendly pieces, the perfect trench, and everything else you need right now.
A playful take on the trend.Balenciaga’s New Shoes Are a ’90s Dream
Angela Chase would approve.Altuzarra’s First Bags Debut at Barneys New York
Introducing the Ghianda collection.115 Ways to Scream ‘Status’
The thing to have right now if you’re an Italian chef, an Upper East Side lady, a leather daddy, or a Dalton senior. (We know because we asked.)Cheap Thrill: Kenzo’s Flirty Pleated Skirt
A go-with-everything skirt on sale.Outfit of the Week: A Work-Friendly Combo
The ideal pieces to wear as we head into fall.Winter Doomsday Preppers: This Coat Is for You
Warm, fuzzy, and a street-style hit.Spring 2016 Runway Trends to Buy Now
Who wants to wait until next year?The Start-up Helping You Cash In on Designer Bags
So you don't have the hassle of another consignment store.Outfit of the Week: A Cool, Office-Friendly Look
It's all in the skirt details.