• Ashley Olsen, Isaac Mizrahi, and Washington Post editor Robin Givhan will discuss "The Future of Women's Fashion" at the 92nd Street Y, moderated by Glamour editor-in-chief Cindi Leive. Tickets are $27 and can be purchased here. 92nd Street Y, 1395 Lexington Ave., nr. 92nd St., Kaufmann Concert Hall (212-415-5500); 8 p.m.
• Attend the "Mystery of Perfume" panel discussion at Barneys, featuring Elle editor-in-chief Roberta Myers and beauty director Emily Dougherty. Panelists include Antonia Bellanca of Antonia's Flowers, Ben Gorham of Byredo Parfums, Fabrice Penot of Le Labo, and Frederic Malle of Editions de Parfums. Tickets are $25 (redeemable for a Barneys gift card) and can be purchased here. Gift bags are included. Fred's Restaurant at Barneys, 660 Madison Ave., at 61st St. (212-826-2900); 8:30–10 a.m.
• Create a luxury cotton dress for the Supima Design Competition. Bring a sketch of your eveningwear entry, a portfolio, a résumé, and a sample garment you have designed and sewn. Finalists will take part in a runway show, and the winner will have his or her design featured in Bloomingdale’s and promoted by Supima. E-mail email@example.com for details. Bloomingdale's, 1000 Third Ave., at 59th St., (212-705-2000); 10–6.
• Meet Shiseido Cosmetics artistic director Dick Page as he celebrates the launch of the Rich Rocks holiday 2009 makeup collection. Page will give color consultations and the Shiseido team will offer makeovers. Appointments require a $100 reservation fee, which is redeemable for Shiseido products. Reserve a spot by calling 212-705-2890. Bloomingdale's, 1000 Third Ave., at 59th St., Shiseido beauty counter (212-705-2000); 11–6.
• Nolita boutique Début hosts a shopping event and cocktail reception for clothing designer Karolina Zmarlak and jewelry designer Holly Fulton. Début, 298 Mulberry St., nr. Bleecker St. (212-343-2717); 1–8.
• Enjoy free product samples, cocktails, snacks, and more at the StyleFixx Girls' Night Out. More than 55 designers and brands will participate, including Project Runway designer Kara Janx, who will debut her fall line. Complimentary massages, facials, hair treatments, and manicures will be available. Tickets are $30 with gift bag ($10 without) and can be purchased here. Through 10/22. Metropolitan Pavilion, 125 W. 18th St., nr. Sixth Ave.; 5–10.
• Meet D. Porthault owner Joan Carl and silversmith and sculptor Patrick Mavros at the Patrick Mavros trunk show. Through 10/23. 470 Park Ave., at 58th St.; 10–6.
• The entire fall 2009 collection is 20 percent off at the Temperley London "Fall Fashions & Fortunes" event. A representative from Wolford tights will be on hand to assist with outfit pairings. RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org. 453 Broome St., at Mercer St. (212-219-2929); W–S (11–7).
• Wedding gowns and bridal accessories from Monique Lhuillier, Ulla Maier, Jenny Yoo, Peter Langner, and more are deeply discounted at the Housing Works Bride on a Buck Wedding Dress Sale. A Monique Lhuillier gown is $1,500 (originally $6,200) and veils are $250 (originally $1,000). Other bridal vendors, like the Cake Diva and Adorn Brides, will also attend. Through 10/21. Housing Works Gramercy Thrift Shop, 157 E. 23rd St., nr. Lexington Ave. (773-454-2865); 10–7.
• Find deals at the Betsey Johnson sample sale. Sportswear is $35, day dresses are $50, and evening dresses are $75. Through 10/23. Millennium Broadway Hotel, 145 W. 44th St., nr. Sixth Ave., sixth fl. (212-789-7546); W–F (10–8).
• Jeans from Paige Premium Denim are $75, and Torn by Ronny Kobo apparel is up to 65 percent off. Through 10/23. 307 W. 38th St., nr. Eighth Ave.; W (8–8), Th (10–8), F (10–7).
• Shop deals on Bindya scarves at the fall sample sale. Cashmere abstract-print scarves are $50 (originally $163), hand-painted cashmere/silk-blend scarves are $50 (originally $175), and floral embroidered scarves are $40 (originally $138). Prices start at $10. Through 10/23. 49 W. 38th St., nr. Sixth Ave., ninth fl.; W (10–7), Th–F (10–6).
• Savvy & Co. is hosting a shoe sample sale, featuring size 7 and 8 footwear from Miss Sixty, Ash, Luxury Rebel, and United Nude at up to 80 percent off. Flats are $35, pumps and wedges are $50, and boots and booties are $75. Through 10/23. 307 W. 38th St., nr. Eighth Ave.; W (8–8), Th (10–8), F (10–7).