• Ashley Olsen, Isaac Mizrahi, and Washington Post editor Robin Givhan will discuss "The Future of Women's Fashion" at the 92nd Street Y, moderated by Glamour editor-in-chief Cindi Leive. Tickets are $27 and can be purchased here. 92nd Street Y, 1395 Lexington Ave., nr. 92nd St., Kaufmann Concert Hall (212-415-5500); 8 p.m.
• Attend the "Mystery of Perfume" panel discussion at Barneys, featuring Elle editor-in-chief Roberta Myers and beauty director Emily Dougherty. Panelists include Antonia Bellanca of Antonia's Flowers, Ben Gorham of Byredo Parfums, Fabrice Penot of Le Labo, and Frederic Malle of Editions de Parfums. Tickets are $25 (redeemable for a Barneys gift card) and can be purchased here. Gift bags are included. Fred's Restaurant at Barneys, 660 Madison Ave., at 61st St. (212-826-2900); 8:30–10 a.m.
• Create a luxury cotton dress for the Supima Design Competition. Bring a sketch of your eveningwear entry, a portfolio, a résumé, and a sample garment you have designed and sewn. Finalists will take part in a runway show, and the winner will have his or her design featured in Bloomingdale’s and promoted by Supima. E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for details. Bloomingdale's, 1000 Third Ave., at 59th St., (212-705-2000); 10–6.
• Meet Shiseido Cosmetics artistic director Dick Page as he celebrates the launch of the Rich Rocks holiday 2009 makeup collection. Page will give color consultations and the Shiseido team will offer makeovers. Appointments require a $100 reservation fee, which is redeemable for Shiseido products. Reserve a spot by calling 212-705-2890. Bloomingdale's, 1000 Third Ave., at 59th St., Shiseido beauty counter (212-705-2000); 11–6.
• Nolita boutique Début hosts a shopping event and cocktail reception for clothing designer Karolina Zmarlak and jewelry designer Holly Fulton. Début, 298 Mulberry St., nr. Bleecker St. (212-343-2717); 1–8.
• Enjoy free product samples, cocktails, snacks, and more at the StyleFixx Girls' Night Out. More than 55 designers and brands will participate, including Project Runway designer Kara Janx, who will debut her fall line. Complimentary massages, facials, hair treatments, and manicures will be available. Tickets are $30 with gift bag ($10 without) and can be purchased here. Through 10/22. Metropolitan Pavilion, 125 W. 18th St., nr. Sixth Ave.; 5–10.
• Meet D. Porthault owner Joan Carl and silversmith and sculptor Patrick Mavros at the Patrick Mavros trunk show. Through 10/23. 470 Park Ave., at 58th St.; 10–6.
• The entire fall 2009 collection is 20 percent off at the Temperley London "Fall Fashions & Fortunes" event. A representative from Wolford tights will be on hand to assist with outfit pairings. RSVP to email@example.com. 453 Broome St., at Mercer St. (212-219-2929); W–S (11–7).
• Wedding gowns and bridal accessories from Monique Lhuillier, Ulla Maier, Jenny Yoo, Peter Langner, and more are deeply discounted at the Housing Works Bride on a Buck Wedding Dress Sale. A Monique Lhuillier gown is $1,500 (originally $6,200) and veils are $250 (originally $1,000). Other bridal vendors, like the Cake Diva and Adorn Brides, will also attend. Through 10/21. Housing Works Gramercy Thrift Shop, 157 E. 23rd St., nr. Lexington Ave. (773-454-2865); 10–7.
• Find deals at the Betsey Johnson sample sale. Sportswear is $35, day dresses are $50, and evening dresses are $75. Through 10/23. Millennium Broadway Hotel, 145 W. 44th St., nr. Sixth Ave., sixth fl. (212-789-7546); W–F (10–8).
• Jeans from Paige Premium Denim are $75, and Torn by Ronny Kobo apparel is up to 65 percent off. Through 10/23. 307 W. 38th St., nr. Eighth Ave.; W (8–8), Th (10–8), F (10–7).
• Shop deals on Bindya scarves at the fall sample sale. Cashmere abstract-print scarves are $50 (originally $163), hand-painted cashmere/silk-blend scarves are $50 (originally $175), and floral embroidered scarves are $40 (originally $138). Prices start at $10. Through 10/23. 49 W. 38th St., nr. Sixth Ave., ninth fl.; W (10–7), Th–F (10–6).
• Savvy & Co. is hosting a shoe sample sale, featuring size 7 and 8 footwear from Miss Sixty, Ash, Luxury Rebel, and United Nude at up to 80 percent off. Flats are $35, pumps and wedges are $50, and boots and booties are $75. Through 10/23. 307 W. 38th St., nr. Eighth Ave.; W (8–8), Th (10–8), F (10–7).
Most Viewed Stories
That Awkward Clip of Donald and Melania at the Inauguration Is Definitely Real
Trump’s Latest Executive Order Will Affect Women’s Health Worldwide
Josh Kushner, Ivanka Trump’s Brother-in-Law, Was Reportedly Spotted at the Women’s March
A Scene from the D.C. Women’s March
What You Need to Know About the 89800 ‘Count Me’ Text
Sean Spicer Chews and Swallows 35 Pieces of Gum Every Day Before Noon
Like Trump, Taylor Swift Cares About Numbers
Museums Across the World Are Collecting Women’s March Signs
Calvin Klein Quietly Unveils First Raf Simons Collection
Why the Election of 9 Black Female Judges in Alabama Matters
The Cut’s Latest Shopping FeaturesHow to Wear a Pink Suit
That millennial-friendly color strikes again.Cheap Thrill: A Frilled Tomato-Red Jumpsuit
Saucy.14 Things on Sale You’ll Actually Want to Buy: From a Backpack to a Bralette
This week, we dug through the darkest, deepest depths of the internet and found a back-to-school-worthy backpack and a $30 mint-green lamp.Treat Yourself: This Ring Will Make You Feel Like a Boss
A defense against impostor syndrome.Back-to-School Shopping Guide: The College Years
From fuzzy pillows to flatware.The 11 Best Pieces to Buy at Avenue 32’s Sale
Deep discounts, up to 80 percent off.Could These Be the Best Workout Leggings?
Meet the high-waisted version of ADAY's perpetually sold-out Throw and Roll leggings.The Perfect Summer Blanket Is Here
Never wake up in another night sweat again.Cheap Thrill: a Summer Dress You’ll Want to Wear Every Day
For work and weekend.How to Wear Two Bright Colors Together
Marigold and acid-green actually go together really well.
Grunge and glam had a baby together, and it's this clutch.Drake’s Is Now Collaborating With J.Crew
The British menswear brand, not the rapper.13 Basics on Sale, From a T-Shirt to a Tea Kettle
Here, some simple things on super-sale.Here’s Another Way to Get That Vetements Look
Champion's Reverse Weave collection is now sold on SSENSE.10 Bodysuits to Tuck Into Pretty Much Everything
Wear them with mom jeans, high-waisted skirts, work pants ...How to Make Your Work Clothes Less Boring
Take some liberties with this cool Tory Burch skirt.You Can Now Wear Your Succulents on Your Fingers
With the 13-piece Cactus de Cartier collection.Vivienne Westwood’s New York Debut, Unexpected Pool Floats, and a ’70s-Inspired Record Store
What's new in New York stores.Treat Yourself: A Bubblegum-Pink Varsity Jacket
Get one for everyone in your girl gang.9 Ways to Make Your Summer Wardrobe Less Boring
Don't freak out. Buy one of these nine things instead.