• More than 75 vintage-clothing and antique-textile dealers will be selling their finds at the Manhattan Vintage Clothing Show. The selection includes dresses, sweaters, outerwear, and accessories. Admission is $20. The Metropolitan Pavilion, 125 W. 18th St., nr. Sixth Ave.; F (1–8); S (10–6). Call to RSVP: 518-434-4312.
• Designer Eileen Shields hosts a Shooze & Booze party. Fall 2009 shoes will be available at discount prices, and cocktails will be served. RSVP to Nicola@parishpr.com. The Empire Hotel Rooftop, 44 W. 63rd St., nr. Broadway (212-265-7400); 5–9.
• Pro skateboarder and designer Anthony Pappalardo will be showcasing his collection of handmade furniture at his first solo exhibition, Virgin White. Pappalardo will be demonstrating the labor-intensive process he uses to create stools from small blocks of common and exotic woods. The Future Perfect, 115 N. Sixth St., nr. Berry St., Williamsburg, Brooklyn (718-599-6278); 7–10.
• The Fifth on Main pop-up store is having a final sample sale, offering up to 70 percent off womenswear and accessories. Designers include Cynthia Rowley, Badgley Mischka, Nicholas K, and more. Register for an account on the Fifth on Main e-commerce site and receive an additional 15 percent off. Through 10/11. 421 W. Broadway, nr. Prince St.; F–Su (10–8).
• Find additional discounts on merchandise already marked down 25 to 65 percent during the annual Columbus Day Weekend sale at Woodbury Common Premium Outlets. Shop deals at new stores like BCBG Max Azria, Hudson Jeans, Lululemon Athletica, and more. Through 10/12. 498 Red Apple Ct., nr. Route 32, Central Valley (845-928-4000); F–M (9–9).
• Men's and women's apparel is up to 75 percent off at the Hugo Boss sample sale. 601 W. 26th St., nr. Seventh Ave., eighth fl.; T–Th (9:30–5), F (10–3).
Most Viewed Stories
‘Weed Dick’ Is the New Way for Men to Sexually Disappoint You
The Big Secret of Every Dating App: Tech Doesn’t Matter
How to Get Out of Any Party Conversation
Amber Rose, Populist Slut Hero of Our Time
Portraits of Privilege: A Teen Demands Mac ’n’ Cheese
7 Alternatives to Those Sold-Out L.L. Bean Boots
Cindy Crawford on Bagels, Instagirls, and Bringing the Supermodel Era to TV
You Think You’re Too Classy to Drink Champagne From a Bong?
Adriana Lima on Boxing, Brazilian Beauty Secrets
From Our Partners
Who What Wear
The Zara Outfit Every Girl In New York City Is Wearing
7 Eyebrow Mistakes You Need to Stop Making Immediately
5 Best Sex Positions to Practically Guarantee an Orgasm
The Day I Told The Ugly Truth About My Marriage
powered by PubExchange
The Cut’s Latest Shopping Features7 Alternatives to Those Sold-Out L.L. Bean Boots
Don't be one of the 100,000 losers waiting for back orders.Stock Up on These Fall Boots Under $300
Sensible lace-ups, sparkly shoes, and more.Cheap Thrill: Jacquemus’s Tailored T-Shirt
A signature piece from the "It" designer.Outfit of the Week: A Smart Way to Layer Basics
One more way to make weekdays easier.Cool Cocktail Dresses Inspired by the Philippines
From the up-and-comers behind Mestiza.Treat-Yourself Friday: A Utilitarian Leather Jacket
Perfect for the unpredictable weather.38 Pairs of Boots to Buy This Fall
Because pedicure season is finally over.41 Downright-Gorgeous New Pieces for Your Home
From kingly bedding to froggy rugs to Georg Jensen glass.5 Discerning New Yorkers on Their Favorite Finds for the Home
Project Runway’s Tim Gunn, celebrity stylist June Ambrose, and more choose the city’s finest boutiques, furniture restorers, specialty shops, designers, and cleaners.Marni’s Fabulously Shaggy Winter Coats Are Here
Fluffy and fantastic.
Welcome to layering season.Cheap Thrill: COS’s Wide-Leg Pants
A versatile transition piece.Outfit of the Week: Light Fall Layers
No jacket needed.37 Great Basics for Updating Your Wardrobe This Fall
The best work-friendly pieces, the perfect trench, and everything else you need right now.Treat Yourself Friday: A Quirky Bucket Bag
A playful take on the trend.Balenciaga’s New Shoes Are a ’90s Dream
Angela Chase would approve.Altuzarra’s First Bags Debut at Barneys New York
Introducing the Ghianda collection.115 Ways to Scream ‘Status’
The thing to have right now if you’re an Italian chef, an Upper East Side lady, a leather daddy, or a Dalton senior. (We know because we asked.)Cheap Thrill: Kenzo’s Flirty Pleated Skirt
A go-with-everything skirt on sale.Outfit of the Week: A Work-Friendly Combo
The ideal pieces to wear as we head into fall.