Adam Lippes said he and his staff look to street-style blogs and stylish kids walking around town for inspiration. "It's not only about pedestrian style — it's how they put themselves together without a production," Lippes said at Allison Sarofim's Halloween House Party on Saturday. "The kids in my office don't like the big production, you know?" Lippes said he has twenty interns in his office, and they turn over very fast. They probably don't usually inspire him, however. "[I]t's rare to find an intern — especially one from a fashion school — that has good style. Because they try sooo hard, and it never works! You know?"
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
The Cut’s Fashion Secret Santa: Jane Larkworthy
The Heroic Commutes of Abortion Providers
SNL Auditioned Black Female Cast Members
- The Cut’s Fashion Secret Santa: Jane Larkworthy
- Zoe Saldana Was Ruffled Up at the amFAR Gala
- The Heroic Commutes of Abortion Providers
- Beyoncé Just Dropped an Album With No Warning
- SNL Auditioned Black Female Cast Members
- Susan Sarandon Was High at Most Hollywood Events
- How to Wish List Like a Pro: Wanelo Wish Lists
- Givenchy Casts Erykah Badu in Ads, High Five!
- There’s a Six-Hour Line for the Trendiest Selfie
- The Best and Worst of December Fashion Magazines
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 13 Days to Go!
- Meet SAMMA: A Minimal, Pared-Down Jewelry Line
- Help: I’m a People-Pleaser, and I Hate It
- Lorde and Taylor Swift Are Now Bosom Buddies
- See: Flash Mob Ballet at Van Cleef & Arpels