We all love Banana Republic’s timeless basics and stylish seasonal collections, and this Wednesday, the Soho flagship store reopened after a major revamp. All of the 18,000 square feet have been overhauled to make shopping easier and much more fun, with large sections devoted to special collections and accessories, and strings of lights casting a glow on the space. The circular front section of the store is dedicated to Monogram, the limited-edition collection, where we found several chic dresses, tops, and bombers. Toward the back of the store, next to the classic Heritage collection’s washed scarves and denim, is a large corner devoted to the company’s jewelry line. The sparkly rhinestone pieces and stacks of bangles are displayed on vintage books in a cozy boutique setting. Up the grand open concrete staircase, on the second floor, lays menswear, where areas of shoes, sunglasses, and tables of apparel overlook Broadway through large glass windows. We stopped by the beautiful, well-stocked new Banana Republic store on opening day to pick out our favorite items.
The Obama FamilyCritics’ Pick
Photo: Christie Goodwin/Getty Images
% Agree View the Top 100
Billboard Red-Carpet Highlights: Ke$ha, Madonna
Naomi Watts Bloomed in Dolce & Gabbana
Cannes Day 3: Cotillard, Kroes, and a Box Dress
- Billboard Red-Carpet Highlights: Ke$ha, Madonna
- Naomi Watts Bloomed in Dolce & Gabbana
- Best Bet: Sun & Cloud Camera
- Negative Space: 11 White Dresses With Cutouts
- Cannes Day 3: Cotillard, Kroes, and a Box Dress
- Male Gaze: We All Pine for Chris Pine
- Galliano’s Latest Comeback Move: A TV Interview?
- Report: Aslaug Magnúsdóttir Out at Moda Operandi
- See J.Crew’s CFDA/Vogue Fashion Fund Collection
- Cannes: Mara, Kidman, and a Wet Red Carpet
- Zhang Ziyi’s Very Versatile Pixie Cut at Cannes
- Made in America: 18 National Treasures to Try
- Beyoncé Really Is Pregnant, Says E!
- Fake the Bake With Twelve New Self-Tanners
- Rooney Mara Finally Lands Major Fashion Contract