After filing for bankruptcy and shuttering about a year ago, Bill Blass is finally readying for a comeback that will hopefully beat the one Christina Aguilera attempted. Peacock Holdings bought the label for $10 million in late December of last year. Now the rumor is that Jeffrey Monteiro will be appointed head designer of the women's collection. Monteiro moved to New York from Australia to design for Mayle. He later was design director at Derek Lam, and launched his own collection in the fall. Peacock says they'll reveal a new designer in a few weeks. Maybe we'll see them on the runway soon. [WWD]
Male Gaze: The Naked Warwick Rowers Are Baaack
See: A Harper’s Cover Shot by Erik Madigan Heck
Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 17 Days to Go!
- Rebecca Black Finally Made It to ‘Saturday’
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 18 Days to Go!
- The Best of the Cut This Week
- Male Gaze: The Naked Warwick Rowers Are Baaack
- The 11 Best Pre-Fall 2014 Looks (So Far)
- See: A Harper’s Cover Shot by Erik Madigan Heck
- Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- Decoding the Campy, Disheveled Girls Poster
- Burn After Reading: 2013 Holiday Candle Guide
- Time Editor Is a One-Woman Paycheck Fairness Act
- Facebook Could Add a ‘Sympathize’ Button
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 19 Days to Go!
- Decoding Drew’s Nails to Learn About Her Womb
- Messy-Haired Sky Ferreira: New Face of Redken