In the finale of the "Bad Romance" video, Lady Gaga sets fire to herself and a guy she's supposed to sleep with while wearing what looks like a polar-bear-carcass coat. The coat is by Benjamin Cho and was created for his spring 2004 runway show with the Humane Society. So it's not actually a carcass, but entirely faux fur, and animal-cruelty free. The house reworked it specifically for Gaga for the video. Not that the faux factor makes her any less of a monster, but now you know. Maybe animal heads are on their way to becoming the new plaid. Lumberjack hipsters need a new shtick.
Male Gaze: The Naked Warwick Rowers Are Baaack
See: A Harper’s Cover Shot by Erik Madigan Heck
Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- 12 Fisherman Sweaters for Winter
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 17 Days to Go!
- Rebecca Black Finally Made It to ‘Saturday’
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 18 Days to Go!
- The Best of the Cut This Week
- Male Gaze: The Naked Warwick Rowers Are Baaack
- The 11 Best Pre-Fall 2014 Looks (So Far)
- See: A Harper’s Cover Shot by Erik Madigan Heck
- Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- Decoding the Campy, Disheveled Girls Poster
- Burn After Reading: 2013 Holiday Candle Guide
- Time Editor Is a One-Woman Paycheck Fairness Act
- Facebook Could Add a ‘Sympathize’ Button
- The Cut’s Advent Calendar: 19 Days to Go!
- Decoding Drew’s Nails to Learn About Her Womb